Eberhart's DVD deal- passing along

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

sunset samurai

Re: Eberhart's DVD deal- passing along

Unread postby sunset samurai » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:16 pm

He opens the first dvd saying "alot of this info will sound repetitive, that just means its important."

[ Post made via Android ] Image

oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:04 pm

His style produces. He showed what he does to make it work. The footage is a little dated but I got his point. I wish he did aerials instead of drawings...it puts it together better. Dans DVD flows much better.

DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:55 am

I use a lot of John's methods for rut hunting...... Sometimes people like me need to hear it a few times before it sinks in.

sunset samurai

Unread postby sunset samurai » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:09 am

Its good info for areas like Im in, the closest large piece of public is two hours away, most of what I hunt regularly is parcels of 50 acres or less. They hunt alot of similar "knock on door" type stuff.

rutjunkie

Unread postby rutjunkie » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:17 am

oldrank wrote:His style produces. He showed what he does to make it work. The footage is a little dated but I got his point. I wish he did aerials instead of drawings...it puts it together better. Dans DVD flows much better.

Good I wasn't the only one that found his sketches hard to follow. I agree dans dvd are easier to follow. Just sent out my eberhart dvd to BowHusker.

There is only so many Novembers in ones life, make the most of them.
CallMeFishmael

Unread postby CallMeFishmael » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:31 pm

The beast hunting focuses on consistent bedding for high levels of success. The Eberharts key on the couple week rut phase. I have had their books and videos for a couple years now. The overall methodologies are not that different. Their key focus is on primary scrape areas. Dan has said before that he has killed some of his biggest bucks around scrapes. I think these locations that the Eberharts focus on are close to bedding. So I plan to try to merge the tactics some. Most of the year, focus on beds. During the rut, merge the Eberhart methods with those I learned on here. Seems like a dynamite model.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”