Dans profile

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Homey88

Re: Dans profile

Unread postby Homey88 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:51 am

That was really a Kool read! I have learned so much from this site! I have found so many buck beds and my first whitetail shed antler the other day. I scored it at 55 1/2 inches. If I could get photobucket to work for me. Would post it. Thanks for the site and sharing the information!

Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:39 pm

Holy Smokes! Don't know how I missed this one. Great read and for anyone just starting out a good reminder to always take plenty of pictures.
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
wolverinebuckman
500 Club

Unread postby wolverinebuckman » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:40 am

Cool write up, Dan! Thanks for sharing.
Bummer of a birthmark, Hal.
jteulker
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/josh.teulker/p ... 02133&sour

Unread postby jteulker » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:09 am

Well done Dan. And thanks for sharing all your knowledge to all of us!! Hats Off!
Marshbuster89
Facebook: Jordan Kurkowski

Unread postby Marshbuster89 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:54 pm

Love those old pics and the stories! The 400 lb slob....man that thing is HUGE!!! :shock:
How bad do you want it?
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:05 am

I just spent way to much time adding about 30 missing pic's... But at least now I know where to find them. Feels a little weird posting pics about yourself. :lol: :oops: But it does bring back a lot of old memories. This is supposed to be to help people rather than just me showing off, so I would rather see questions than congrats in the posts.
Treewalker87

Unread postby Treewalker87 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:39 am

Dan, you're an inspiration and have changed the way I view things afield. Being a continued learner is important for anything in life. I respect how you mention that you're always learning from the deer you chase. Those lessons learned and memories made are what will last a lifetime.

"This buck was my mentor... All the deer that lived or died after that were my teachers..."
Simply awesome. :clap:
Ashreve93

Unread postby Ashreve93 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:27 am

thanks for bringing this back up, what a cool read! Very inspirational in many ways.

You mentioned you ate what you trapped; have you eaten dog? I told everyone I'd eat a coyote if i got one this year. They all thought it was disgusting. I really don't care, I need meat so I'm going to eat what i kill, and waste nothing. What's your thought on this? For the record, I failed miserably at shooting a coyote
It's not the destination, it's the journey getting there!
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:57 am

Ashreve93 wrote:thanks for bringing this back up, what a cool read! Very inspirational in many ways.

You mentioned you ate what you trapped; have you eaten dog? I told everyone I'd eat a coyote if i got one this year. They all thought it was disgusting. I really don't care, I need meat so I'm going to eat what i kill, and waste nothing. What's your thought on this? For the record, I failed miserably at shooting a coyote

I have... Your not missing anything. The meat stinks and its real gamey. Muskrat and coon are very good though, if cooked right.
Ashreve93

Unread postby Ashreve93 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:02 am

dan wrote:I have... Your not missing anything. The meat stinks and its real gamey. Muskrat and coon are very good though, if cooked right.

Well thanks. That's pretty upsetting. Well, it's not like I'm good enough to get one anyway :lol:
I've heard good things about coon, how should I cook it?
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:22 am

Ashreve93 wrote:
dan wrote:I have... Your not missing anything. The meat stinks and its real gamey. Muskrat and coon are very good though, if cooked right.

Well thanks. That's pretty upsetting. Well, it's not like I'm good enough to get one anyway :lol:

I have not cooked one in many years. Ma Infalt used to bake them. Last time I did one it was in a slow cooker. Since we have pet coons and im not starving anymore, I have a hard time eating them anymore.
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:27 am

dan wrote:
Ashreve93 wrote:

I have not cooked one in many years. Ma Infalt used to bake them. Last time I did one it was in a slow cooker. Since we have pet coons and im not starving anymore, I have a hard time eating them anymore.

I'd take rabbit & squirrel all day over any of those! And they're easier to hunt.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
ScottSpitzley
500 Club

Unread postby ScottSpitzley » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:41 am

tgreeno wrote:I'd take rabbit & squirrel all day over any of those! And they're easier to hunt.

I 2nd that. Rabbit and Squirrel stew is pretty great!
Ashreve93

Unread postby Ashreve93 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:38 pm

I don't blame you for not eating them now, especially if you're not starving. I'll give it a try some day, I'd like to get into trapping a little more, so I'm sure I'll catch an array of animals.
Dave.Bechtel

Unread postby Dave.Bechtel » Thu May 03, 2018 3:47 am

Awesome write up and photos! You have knocked down some serious giants!
Chase Nation | Reality Hunting TV

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”