What Is The Definition Of "Beast Style"?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

kurt

Re: What Is The Definition Of "Beast Style"?

Unread postby kurt » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:15 pm

whitetailassasin wrote:Dave I've seen your kills, as well as how documented your journal is and how you interpret sign and your morning j hook hunts. I give credit were I see its do.

Kurt, I appreciate the high compliment. But im not the type to put myself in that elite category. I'm still young and have a lot to learn maybe one day I'll get there.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

I prefer the guys that don't think they belong. Don't change stay hungry

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Buckshot20
500 Club

Unread postby Buckshot20 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:15 pm

Crazinamatese wrote:I would put PK_ on that list to. That guy is heck of a hunter. He seems to get the best bucks considering his area.

I was just typing the same thing. He gets it done in Florida which is difficult at best, plus out of state. Good hunter

whitetailassasin

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:21 pm

Crazinamatese wrote:I would put PK_ on that list to. That guy is heck of a hunter. He seems to get the best bucks considering his area.

PK is perseverance

DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:40 pm

There are a lot of you i would love to share a camp fire with.... Some of you that plan is already in the works :)

Twenty Up
500 Club

Unread postby Twenty Up » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:54 pm

A "Beast Hunter", in my eyes, is a person that's able to harvest (or locate) mature animals on pressured ground, consistently. (I say locate because things happen IE. missed shots, getting busted, ect..) Finding em is half the battle.

There's more than one way to skin a cat, I wouldn't put a certain "style" in the beast category but the overall mindset and goals shared that leaves the beast hunters in a category of their own. Generally speaking, beast hunters seem to be more humble and always looking to adapt & excel, which deserves more respect, in my eyes again, than someone dropping a 200" buck.
Trust the Process~~ Lost Boys Outdoors ~~

YoutTube: https://youtube.com/channel/UC7TXknGut5WfZQ6CbddgqYg
exojam

Unread postby exojam » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:06 pm

Have not figured it out due to lack of experience.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
Matty

Unread postby Matty » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:15 am

To me, "beast style" means adapting and figuring out what it takes to legally kill big bucks where others struggle.

If you're a beast, you're probably the guy that can shoot big bucks off of heavily pressured lands, year after year. People might question if you hunt legally, think you have the most prime land, etc. They don't realize the work involved.

Let's face it, the majority of the tactics here are just plain good hunting basics. Being stealthy, finding your prey, patterning your prey, adjusting to your preys habits, learning from personal observations, discussing observations with other hunters, etc...These are the things that everyone should be doing, but few even think about.

It always disappoints me that most hunters only seem to enjoy talking about big bucks and hunting gear! They love buying stuff that will "help" them. They also seem to love excuses and complaining that there are no deer, or the weather is terrible, etc. When it comes time to actually hunt, they find more excuses than you can shake a stick at. I've known so many guys like that and it can bring you down. I hunt almost 100% alone these days because of that.

Beast style doesn't have room for all those gimicks and excuses. Beast style means you follow through and don't act like a giant kitty cat when it rains or you have to cross a river, or walk a few miles.

Beast style is the basics, taken to the extreme!
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:35 am

DaveT1963 wrote:
whitetailassasin wrote:I think the typical hunter on this site or lurker would classify a "BEAST" style as using any tactic legal that allows you to pattern a mature buck into areas he uses in daylight where you can set up on mobile when conditions are right and have a chance at killing said mature buck. Now there are many variables that assist in the basic principle(scouting, shining, etc)

But to me there are several tactics for different terrains and situations and it's the out of box mentality and hardcore determination that go hand in hand with a hunter and his tactics that make him a beast.

I will name a few examples..and no one is better than the other.

Magic-tracking
Moondoondude and Bucky with cams
RR7 and Spysar and UPman-out of state
Dan-bed hunting
JM-determination
JoeRE and DaveT- detail and setup
Stanley-knowledge
DNG-pressured lands

Now these guys walls speak for themselves. Each one of these guys posses many of the same skills but to me each is a master of each. They separate themselves. There are several others to me that are right there in there own respective skills. It's tried and true and when done it works. Just my opinion on a Beast style.

Dude u seriously have me confused with someone else.... I'm just an old fart that's been more lucky then good.... I'm just stubborn as all get out :).

Thank you though, I consider that a huge compliment to even be in such a list, much less with those dudes.

I'm on the other side; LOL --- Where is my stinkin' name...

Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”