Need advice for the morning hunt!!!!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

GRFox
500 Club

Need advice for the morning hunt!!!!

Unread postby GRFox » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:21 pm

Ok so we have this big non typical we call "Freakshow" running around one of our spots. Hes got a perfect 125" 8 point side and the other side is just trash, junk, hanging off his head.

Any way we brought one of our buddies to the spot to hunt with us yesterday afternoon and then again tonite. Two nights in a row now, Freakshow has come down off the same hill, directly from one of the houses that borders the woods.

This is telling me that he is bedding right in someones backyard, or rather a rocky point that resides in the woods behind someones back yard.

My buddy has slipped into the same tree two days in a row without bumping the deer so he clearly cant see him from the bed.

My question is, should I sit right there in the area that the buck is coming out in the afternoon? I am not sure if he is bedding there all day or just moves there mid-day? Maybe an all day sit is in order? I dont know. I just really want to kill this guy.

These suburban bucks are absolute masters at avoiding people and bow hunters, one of the ways that they do it is by bedding right next to the houses while us jerks are trying to get deeper and deeper into these wood lots.

Any advice? Its going to be a sleepless night!

Thanks

Gary

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Need advice for the morning hunt!!!!

Unread postby dan » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:35 pm

I would hunt right where he is coming out being careful not to move somewhere he can see or smell you. I think he is bedding there all day. I would want to get there early while he is sleeping or at least groggy, rather than just before he comes out when he is bedded alert. Good luck.
GRFox
500 Club

Unread postby GRFox » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:41 pm

Thank you Dan!

By the way. The buck I killed on Sunday that I posted pictures of was shot in the top 3rd of the terrain with the wind in his face while he was scent checking the does at the bottom.

Thank you for everything you have taught me and It was amazing to see it happen in person.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:44 pm

Thank's 8-)
DropTyne
500 Club

Unread postby DropTyne » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:09 pm

Yup.......... Move closer, be careful, be silent, watch the wind.
DROPTYNE

"Obsessed is a Word the Lazy Use to Describe the Dedicated"

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”