Out of state rut hunt; NE, SD, ND or hill country Wi

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

DaveT1963
500 Club

Re: Out of state rut hunt; NE, SD, ND or hill country Wi

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:29 am

Keep in mind that in 2012 Nebraska and Missouri were hit hard with EHD - I believe they are still recovering. Yes there are some mature animals since it was 3 years ago but the overall numbers are still down.

Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:58 am

DaveT1963 wrote:Keep in mind that in 2012 Nebraska and Missouri were hit hard with EHD - I believe they are still recovering. Yes there are some mature animals since it was 3 years ago but the overall numbers are still down.

Agree with this.... NE Missouri where I went in 2010-2012 is no where near what it used to be after EHD. No one in our group went this year
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
cedarsavage
500 Club
Facebook: No facebook

Unread postby cedarsavage » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:20 am

Bucky wrote:
DaveT1963 wrote:Keep in mind that in 2012 Nebraska and Missouri were hit hard with EHD - I believe they are still recovering. Yes there are some mature animals since it was 3 years ago but the overall numbers are still down.

Agree with this.... NE Missouri where I went in 2010-2012 is no where near what it used to be after EHD. No one in our group went this year

Thanks I think I'm pretty well set on Wisconsin just narrowing down a specific location

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”