Example of Inside Corner?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

WSalzNC

Example of Inside Corner?

Unread postby WSalzNC » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:14 am

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I don't really understand this concept. Can someone show me an example of an "inside corner" of an ag field, and of a woodlot? Does this mean the corner farthest from road or human use? How do beasts take advantage of inside corners?

Bucky

Re: Example of Inside Corner?

Unread postby Bucky » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:17 am

"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:19 am

"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:21 am

No stupid ?s.... ask away

Mapping Trophy Whitetail is a book I first read back in 2000. That along with Dan's bedding DVDs made me a WAY better hunter...

During the rut I often focus on topography more than actual buck sign.... (hills)
WSalzNC

Unread postby WSalzNC » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:13 am

Thank you Bucky! Those are great articles. So the Inside Corner could be considered a "pinch point" of sorts, as deer travel might need to travel across a field-- but won't-- so those inside corners have the possibility of having multiple paths cross there. Cool!
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:19 am

WSalzNC wrote:Thank you Bucky! Those are great articles. So the Inside Corner could be considered a "pinch point" of sorts, as deer travel might need to travel across a field-- but won't-- so those inside corners have the possibility of having multiple paths cross there. Cool!

Correct

I would also use the search feature and read up on parallel trails (these interesect at inside corners) and bucks often scent check them during the rut (there is a loooong thread here on the Beast explaining it)

I often hunt parallel trails during the rut
rutjunkie

Unread postby rutjunkie » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:05 pm

Agree with Bucky. You need to pick of mapping trophy whitetails. There is not a book that covers hill country topography better.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
There is only so many Novembers in ones life, make the most of them.
VA5326

Unread postby VA5326 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:11 pm

rutjunkie wrote:Agree with Bucky. You need to pick of mapping trophy whitetails. There is not a book that covers hill country topography better.

X2
If you want to kill a deer you have to be in the woods.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:38 pm

This is a good example of an inside corner. Not all inside corners are created equal. The blue line in this example is a creek, this makes the inside corner way better. A nice little bottle neck if you'll notice.

You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
seazofcheeze
500 Club

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:55 am

^^^great example.

chasemukluk

Unread postby chasemukluk » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:23 pm

All kinds of great inside corners in that picture above!
ZSV
500 Club

Unread postby ZSV » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:48 pm

Stanley wrote:This is a good example of an inside corner. Not all inside corners are created equal. The blue line in this example is a creek, this makes the inside corner way better. A nice little bottle neck if you'll notice.

I'm also trying to understand inside corners better. What wind would be best to hunt this spot? A SE wind blowing your scent into the field (if north is the top of the pic)?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
“I only live once, I will not die a coward “ - Bishop Mar Mari Emmanuel

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”