WI Muzzleloader season dates

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

whitetail_addict

WI Muzzleloader season dates

Unread postby whitetail_addict » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:37 pm

This is the first year I've ever hunted the muzzleloader season here in WI but the mild weather we've had all through rifle season and now carrying all the way through muzzleloader season has been less than ideal to say the least. It's got me wishing WI would move the current muzzleloader season to maybe the last 9 days of bow season or something. At least then the deer would have had a bread from the pressure of gun season and also the weather would likely be pretty good at that time of year for good late season movement.

Does anyone know if moving the muzzleloader season to a later time frame has been discussed by the DNR in recent years?

Bucky

Re: WI Muzzleloader season dates

Unread postby Bucky » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:48 pm

Write it on the spring hearing.... I agree 100% it should be last week in Dec

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:51 pm

Never heard it discussed. I would like to see it the first week of January and then extend late bow season until Jan 31st.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
olivertractor
Facebook: what's facebook

Unread postby olivertractor » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:06 pm

Agree totally, it's hit or miss, especially right after rifle. I think it would be a win/win

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Sad state of affairs when I'm voting for who's gonna hurt us less, than who's gonna help us more"

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”