buck horror story (you may not believe this)

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Indianahunter
500 Club

Re: buck horror story (you may not believe this)

Unread postby Indianahunter » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:00 pm

Sorry buddy that is unbelievable that someone would act like that. That is exactly the kind of redneck that ruins this sport for the sportsman and the image to the non-hunting community. Go get a monster Hoosier Brute.

God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:42 am

I had just heard a story in MI, a friend of a friend shot a nice buck with his bow earlier this year, put it in his trailer and headed for home. Had trailer problems short of home, unhooked and left the trailer, went home to get something, comes back and his buck and his trailer are both stolen.

So the moral of the story is Scum bags are not hunters and we should not allow anyone to let thiefs and scumbags represent us.

Also, a friend in the UP had his buck stolen out of his truck many years ago, he went back out and shot another buck Even Bigger :!:
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
Schultzy
500 Club

Unread postby Schultzy » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:58 am

What an clown!! I can honestly say you handled the situation much better then I would've. Well done on your part. On numerous occasions I've helped others on shooting their wounded deer and recovering It. To me I took more satisfaction helping these people get their deer and seeing the smile and happiness on their face then me getting my own.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:03 am

I had a nice buck taken from me a few years ago during a deer drive... Sometimes you gotta just walk away and not let it consume you. Its just a deer and ain't worth getting hurt over.
160classbuck

Unread postby 160classbuck » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:44 am

It sucks when anyone looses a buck like that. As a landowner I have another perspective on wounded deer. My neighbor's do large (20+ guys) deer drives starting noon of opening day. They used to hunt the property (90ac total, 50 wooded) I now own, prior to our purchasing it so they were familiar with the land lay out. Anyways, the neighbor stops at out house and talks to my wife to say one of the younger boys shot a buck, wounded it and it was last seen heading into our woods. The spot they last saw it go into is a 7ac triangle I don't go into to hunt but will for firewood and is a sanctuary area for me: mix of cattails, canary grass, dogwood, and lowland trees. My wife called me and I came to the house, we collectively went to where they last saw the deer and indeed there was blood. At that point their group surrounded the SW corner of the triangle while myself and two others followed in the blood trail. Not 5 minutes into the trailing we hear shots on the SW end and hear over the radio they got the buck. We stop tracking and head out to take a look and there lies a gorgeous 130" 8pt I had pic's of earlier with multiple bullet holes. I asked the young hunter if that was the deer that he wounded and his dad answered it was. I'm pretty disappointed at that point. After gun season I'm out in the area pulling firewood with my father and golden retriever. We come upon the remains of a small 6pt not far from where we stopped trailing the wounded buck. I'm convinced the 6pt was the deer we were looking for and kicked the 8pt in the process.

I showed the rack to the neighbor and they said that wasn't the buck. We still talk but next time this happens there will be no other hunters with firearms other than those trailing the blood trail allowed on our land.

Bow hunting - different story. Let's go get him and I've used my dog in the past to help located wounded animals.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”