Late season Mature Buck Forage and food Source

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

youngbuck917

Late season Mature Buck Forage and food Source

Unread postby youngbuck917 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:28 am

I was thinking to myself this morning and wondered after the Mature Bucks the survivied another gun season and regular bow season, Would they prefer to eat the browse and Forage in the Cover or would they get up from bedding and head to the open Ag fields in the area. Im hunting a few Local Marshes and thought they would do both but if I were a buck I would stay in the cover well into dark. The marshes I hunt have red brush in them, Would a buck head from bedding to Red Brush and eat those first, then head to the Ag fields way late at night, then go back to Bedding? Thank you all for your responses.

Bucky

Re: Late season Mature Buck Forage and food Source

Unread postby Bucky » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:46 am

youngbuck917 wrote:I was thinking to myself this morning and wondered after the Mature Bucks the survivied another gun season and regular bow season, Would they prefer to eat the browse and Forage in the Cover or would they get up from bedding and head to the open Ag fields in the area. Im hunting a few Local Marshes and thought they would do both but if I were a buck I would stay in the cover well into dark. The marshes I hunt have red brush in them, Would a buck head from bedding to Red Brush and eat those first, then head to the Ag fields way late at night, then go back to Bedding? Thank you all for your responses.

Yes, they will browse in cover until after dark (on pressured WI public land)
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”