Folding a 7.5 min topo map?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

bwwma

Folding a 7.5 min topo map?

Unread postby bwwma » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:49 pm

Looking for best way to fold a 7.5 min topo map, quad map, for regular use. I'll keep it in a ziplock bag not sure what size yet. I've had paper quad maps before and I decided to get a waterproof copy of the quad map. I've read where accordian folds shorten it's life. Just wondering what a good fold would be before I go creasing up this new map.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

IkemanTx
500 Club

Re: Folding a 7.5 min topo map?

Unread postby IkemanTx » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:58 pm

unfortunately I am NO help... I am part of the digital addiction age. downloaded all that stuff (and Sat photos) to a GPS app. I really need to get a paper backup though. Or all that learning I did way back in Boy Scouts may be for naught.
Go where none other dare to go, and there you'll find success.
Redman232

Unread postby Redman232 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:53 pm

That is a big map to tote around, fold away from the the areas you are most likely to be in. I usually leave the 7.5 in the vehicle and take smaller blown up sections with me in the field.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
bwwma

Unread postby bwwma » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:18 am

The national forest I hunt is a fairly good size for Alabama, sometimes the places I want to check out are not close to each other and I'd rather have a large map marked up & folded into a ziplock bag than several small maps. I tend to bounce around.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”