Hunting vehicles

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

bowkill00

Re: Hunting vehicles

Unread postby bowkill00 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:37 am

For local hunts I have a '94 5 speed ranger. For outa state hunts I use my '06 z71 w camper shell. 1st year w camper shell and don't see how I got by without one all these years.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

UntouchableNess
500 Club

Unread postby UntouchableNess » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:58 pm

I've been driving a 2006 Honda Civic for a hunting vehicle. I took it to New Mexico on an archery elk hunt in 2011 (put a boned cow elk in a huge cooler in the back seat for the ride home). I took it to Wyoming for a 2012 archery elk hunt, beat it up pretty bad on the forest service roads. I went back to New Mexico Sept 2015 and I was glad I took the Jeep Grand Cherokee I recently acquired. The forest service roads were in much worse shape this time, heavy rains and less money to maintain them.

Local hunts, I'll drive the Civic and then go get the Jeep if I need to haul something home. Most hunts don't end in needing to transport a deer.
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:42 pm

bowkill00 wrote:For local hunts I have a '94 5 speed ranger. For outa state hunts I use my '06 z71 w camper shell. 1st year w camper shell and don't see how I got by without one all these years.

That's what I drove, but it's just sitting in the driveway now because most of the body mounts and the drivers side rear shackle have rusted off. The body is in great shape and has no rust so I was surprised when I found that out. I bought the van and I hate not being able get back in where I needed. I knew where I'm positive I could have filled at least one tag with a 130"-150" buck this year, but just couldn't get back in there. I knew where there were a few very killable mature bucks this year I couldn't hunt because of my vehicle situation.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
Sykotik

Unread postby Sykotik » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:14 pm

Went through this season with a '95 Chevy Corsica. Gas mileage was good at around 26 or so....Ground clearance left a lot to be desired.

Last day of the Rifle season here in PA, I managed to kill a big ole' doe. I was probably 2 miles in the bush....The Corsica could only do a half mile .

Long drag.

I currently have a 2000 Blazer. Next year should be better :D
Outdoor814
500 Club

Unread postby Outdoor814 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:41 pm

2001 F150. The only thing i dont like about it is i dont have back seats. I do have a cap on it so that makes it nice for bad weather and keeping my 2 dogs out of my lap.
I use to drive a 90 olds cutless ciara. That car would go anywere and i got it cheap. It had 32000 miles when i got it. When i sold it for 300 bucks it had 138000. I only had it for about 5yrs. I bout it for 700.

Joe™

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”