Lone Wolf seat modifications

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

WSalzNC

Re: Lone Wolf seat modifications

Unread postby WSalzNC » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:08 am

hunter_mike wrote:
Buckshot20 wrote:Millennium seat on a lone wolf platform...ultimate treestand. Maybe Andrea can dream something up?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

That would be great, I would be very interested in doing this

Sign me up on the pre-order list! As a prospective buyer of my first tree stand, I am drawn to the quality of Lone Wolf and the practicality of hangon stands, but my wide body isn't going to be happy with any of the current lineup of seats. Millennium-style seat is certainly a draw. Bring on the Lone Wolf Mutant!!!

checkerfred
500 Club

Unread postby checkerfred » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:25 pm

WSalzNC wrote:
hunter_mike wrote:
Buckshot20 wrote:Millennium seat on a lone wolf platform...ultimate treestand. Maybe Andrea can dream something up?

That would be great, I would be very interested in doing this

Sign me up on the pre-order list! As a prospective buyer of my first tree stand, I am drawn to the quality of Lone Wolf and the practicality of hangon stands, but my wide body isn't going to be happy with any of the current lineup of seats. Millennium-style seat is certainly a draw. Bring on the Lone Wolf Mutant!!!

In the mean time a cushion from XOP or the hunt comfort may be in your best interest. I can only sit at most an hour on the one that comes with it. The hunt comfort helps, but I think a suspension type seat would be the ultimate deal

I keep thinking about getting a different climber but the hang on is just so versatile
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:41 pm

I'm surprised the Hunt Comfort does not do the trick. I have been using mine for three seasons now and love it. My lower back is messed up with herniated discs and moderate degeneration of the vertebrae. The Hunt Comfort made a huge difference for me even on all day sits. I alternate between sitting and standing regardless what stand I am in. The standard LW foam pad was not good at all for me so I stood most of the time back then. I was so relieved when I found a better option.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
mauser06
500 Club

Unread postby mauser06 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:49 pm

After a sit in my Summit Viper on Monday after hunting all season from the lone wolf...I forgot how much I missed it...

I did also notice that no matter how quiet I tried to be it was nowhere as quiet as my lone wolf..even carrying it...it has a larger footprint and caught more brush etc...I've set it up a million times more than the lone wolf and still can't be nearly as quiet..

Both have their place I guess..

I'd love a better seat option for the lone wolf...

ThePreBanMan
500 Club

Unread postby ThePreBanMan » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:02 pm

mauser06 wrote:I too hate the seat....

I love the trees that are good for standing and leaning on...rather stand than sit on that seat too long...

If I could have my summit Viper top on that platform I'd be in love lol...

I just packed my Viper for the morning...coat, lunch and fluids and a few odds n ends..didn't realize how heavy the lone wolf and 4 sticks are...

I did the same and thought the same. Then I went into the woods and thought - man I forgot how noisy this thing was. But everyone here is right. The seat on the Assault sucks. So sometimes I still deal with the Viper. Usually all day rut sits. Other problem I have is that it's so comfortable and secure as you sit down in the stand - it's easy to fall asleep in.
checkerfred
500 Club

Unread postby checkerfred » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:10 pm

ThePreBanMan wrote:
mauser06 wrote:I too hate the seat....

I love the trees that are good for standing and leaning on...rather stand than sit on that seat too long...

If I could have my summit Viper top on that platform I'd be in love lol...

I just packed my Viper for the morning...coat, lunch and fluids and a few odds n ends..didn't realize how heavy the lone wolf and 4 sticks are...

I did the same and thought the same. Then I went into the woods and thought - man I forgot how noisy this thing was. But everyone here is right. The seat on the Assault sucks. So sometimes I still deal with the Viper. Usually all day rut sits. Other problem I have is that it's so comfortable and secure as you sit down in the stand - it's easy to fall asleep in.

Same thing here lol. The hunt comfort does help..otherwise I couldn't sit in the factory seat. I just want something more comfortable
kurt

Unread postby kurt » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:16 pm

I have aluminum in my basement to make a millennium style seat and put it on one of my Lone wolfs. I haven't touch it in months

mauser06
500 Club

Unread postby mauser06 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:58 am

Lol...I posted again in this thread about how noisey it is...I was reminded Monday....

Even while walking it makes a lot of noise...

I will give ya that...I've slept a lot of hours in my Viper...I don't care if I sleep in the woods though lol...I'm in the woods...I'm quiet..I'm not moving...I've rarely passed out to the point I wouldn't hear deer in range...

I've woken up a few times to see deer in range lol..

I always slowly open my eyes and look around and gain my bearing and then slowly start to look around so I don't spook anything...

I will use the Viper in gun season and some rut hunts....but the quietness and flexibility of the lone wolf will keep it my main stand...

If we can't come up with a seat option before later summer I will try a hunt comfort...if that's something I can buy? I haven't heard of it before?

Also not sure how old my stand is..someone mentioned it has an older seat...

checkerfred
500 Club

Unread postby checkerfred » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:33 am

mauser06 wrote:Lol...I posted again in this thread about how noisey it is...I was reminded Monday....

Even while walking it makes a lot of noise...

I will give ya that...I've slept a lot of hours in my Viper...I don't care if I sleep in the woods though lol...I'm in the woods...I'm quiet..I'm not moving...I've rarely passed out to the point I wouldn't hear deer in range...

I've woken up a few times to see deer in range lol..

I always slowly open my eyes and look around and gain my bearing and then slowly start to look around so I don't spook anything...

I will use the Viper in gun season and some rut hunts....but the quietness and flexibility of the lone wolf will keep it my main stand...

If we can't come up with a seat option before later summer I will try a hunt comfort...if that's something I can buy? I haven't heard of it before?

Also not sure how old my stand is..someone mentioned it has an older seat...

Yeah just google search lone wolf hunt comfort and it should come up. At the time Amazon had it the cheapest when I bought mine. XOP has a thick seat that may work but the hunt comfort is high quality with a gel padding. The XOP may be good enough tho I just don't know

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Bowhunter74201

Unread postby Bowhunter74201 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:06 am

slumper makes great seat cushions too, use one on my alpha. way cheaper than the others as well.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”