Jared's (Whitetail Adrenaline) KS Buck

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BigHunt

Re: Jared's (Whitetail Adrenaline) KS Buck

Unread postby BigHunt » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:44 pm

Darkknight54 wrote:
Jackson Marsh wrote:His second shot did not bring it down. He scoured the area for around four days and finally caught up with him after walking crazy miles. It's a remarkable story of tenacity and persistence.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

So the first shot was good enough, second shot was just in case and missed and he found it 4 day later? That's probably one of the best kills iv seen. What a hunter to take him w the wood bow and on foot!

it took 3 shots :shhh:

HUNT LIKE A BEAST
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:45 pm

Jackson Marsh wrote:No.

First shot broke it's leg. That buck covered miles and miles and was still alive and covering ground when he killed it.

first shot broke the leg, second shot missed period, ...he caught up with it 4 days later still alive after driving for hours and walking for miles. he was able to make a 3rd shot on him and he got him
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:52 pm

BigHunt wrote:
Jackson Marsh wrote:No.

First shot broke it's leg. That buck covered miles and miles and was still alive and covering ground when he killed it.

first shot broke the leg, second shot missed period, ...he caught up with it 4 days later still alive after driving for hours and walking for miles. he was able to make a 3rd shot on him and he got him

Yup.

Just finished up the DVD this afternoon.

<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:25 pm

Wow that's amazing! What a tough buck

Sam Ubl
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.carbontv.com/shows/chase-na ... red-slider

Unread postby Sam Ubl » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:13 am

Was good meeting a couple of you face-to-face at DeerFest this past weekend.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Chase Nation | Reality Hunting TV | http://www.chasenation.tv
Watch Chase Nation on Carbon TV: https://www.carbontv.com/shows/chase-na ... red-slider
Huntmore | http://www.huntmore.io/
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:12 am

Sam Ubl wrote:Was good meeting a couple of you face-to-face at DeerFest this past weekend.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

8-)
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Buck snort

Unread postby Buck snort » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:06 am

Ok, watched the new DVD last night. A couple things that I came away with.

1.) I'm guessing those land owners wouldn't of let him go on their land, if they knew that all Jared hit, was a non lethal leg hit. They probably will be ticked if they see this DVD. Not a very ethical first shot at all.

2) I was not a fan of how chopped up they made this DVD. They go back and forth between Jared's hunt to another guys hunt in 30 second clips, very hard to stay focused on one story line.

The article in North American Whitetail told the story so much better than they did in this DVD. For $40, not impressed at all. For the record, I absolutely loved their other prior DVD's. Such a great buck, with a story line that didn't do it justice.

Just my $.02

msailor

Unread postby msailor » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:42 am

Buck snort wrote:Ok, watched the new DVD last night. A couple things that I came away with.

1.) I'm guessing those land owners wouldn't of let him go on their land, if they knew that all Jared hit, was a non lethal leg hit. They probably will be ticked if they see this DVD. [glow=red]Not a very ethical first shot at all[/glow].

2) I was not a fan of how chopped up they made this DVD. They go back and forth between Jared's hunt to another guys hunt in 30 second clips, very hard to stay focused on one story line.

The article in North American Whitetail told the story so much better than they did in this DVD. For $40, not impressed at all. For the record, I absolutely loved their other prior DVD's. Such a great buck, with a story line that didn't do it justice.

Just my $.02

I have not watched...what made it unethical?
Buck snort

Unread postby Buck snort » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:04 am

msailor wrote:
Buck snort wrote:Ok, watched the new DVD last night. A couple things that I came away with.

1.) I'm guessing those land owners wouldn't of let him go on their land, if they knew that all Jared hit, was a non lethal leg hit. They probably will be ticked if they see this DVD. [glow=red]Not a very ethical first shot at all[/glow].

Just my $.02

I have not watched...what made it unethical?

Shooting it on the run, with a longbow.
cbigbear
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/mobilehuntinggear/

Unread postby cbigbear » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:43 am

Was the distance of the shot mentioned or could you tell the distance in the video?
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:55 am

It's only unethical if you don't practice it or lack proficiency. You can get very good at executing a running shot with tire drills. Most guys don't practice this shot anymore. IMHO, it's easier to execute shooting instinctive. Like throwing a football to an open wide receiver.

Buck snort

Unread postby Buck snort » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:43 am

BassBoysLLP wrote:It's only unethical if you don't practice it or lack proficiency. You can get very good at executing a running shot with tire drills. Most guys don't practice this shot anymore. IMHO, it's easier to execute shooting instinctive. [glow=red]Like throwing a football to an open wide receiver.[/glow]

Yep, and how many times does the quarterback hit em on the numbers?

When the buck runs off with a front leg dangling in the wind, I would say it wasn't a very ethical shot. He knew it was the biggest buck of his life, and was going to fling an arrow. I don't think he said how far away the shot was, but it didn't look very far, I would say 20 yards at the most.
Buck snort

Unread postby Buck snort » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:51 am

Here is the shot. I wished they would have shown the leg dangling in the wind as he runs away.
[bbvideo=425,350]https://youtu.be/UCJ8UeHmAgo[/bbvideo]
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:01 am

Doesn't look that bad. In his shoes, I take the shot too.

cbigbear
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/mobilehuntinggear/

Unread postby cbigbear » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:06 am

I watched the trailer looks 20 yds or closer. I have to agree with Bass here shot doesn't look unethical given the distance & equipment. He just missed & that could of happen with the buck stopped broadside. I've seen trad guys as accurate on zip line deer as a shotgunner on a clay pigeon.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”