Hunting New Area

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BowHusker

Hunting New Area

Unread postby BowHusker » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:10 am

Hey guys, so I'm going to be hunting a new area this weekend and was wondering if I could get some opinions on what y'all see from the arial photo. I'm really new to hunting bedding areas but it has already paid off this year when I set my daughter up close to a bedding area during rifle season so I'm hoping to continue learning and try to get an opportunity with my bow.

The area I have linked is public land to the north of the half circle crop field. I've only ever been in it once prior (last yr) but really didn't scout it very well. It does receive some pressure but it's actually pretty light because most people won't cross the river to get there which is the only access through the public side to the North. This is basically flat river bottom ground, the area to the right with the thick evergreens is very intriguing to me as it "felt" like a place a deer would like to bed because of how thick it is.

The private land to the south is co-owned by my uncle and another gentlemen so if a deer would go out there after being hit i can go get it but i dont have permission to access this spot through their land. The private area received pretty light hunting pressure as well but I know for a fact there is some absolute Bruiser's in the area. A guy took a 185 inch buck last weekend during rifle about a mile away and claims he saw three others very similar. Plus my cousin lives out here and also says there is quite a few big bucks running around. Any thoughts would be great and I'll add a couple closer up views as well. Thanks

http://s1164.photobucket.com/user/brady ... sort=3&o=0

[ Post made via Android ] Image

AKA "The Lone Wolf Assassin"
BowHusker

Re: Hunting New Area

Unread postby BowHusker » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:14 am

One of the eastern half

http://s1164.photobucket.com/user/brady ... sort=3&o=1

BowHusker

Unread postby BowHusker » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:16 am

Western half, the symbols on here are old treestands and deer blinds I found last yr. They are unhuntable and I just use them as reference points.

http://s1164.photobucket.com/user/brady ... sort=3&o=0

Last edited by BowHusker on Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
BowHusker

Unread postby BowHusker » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:19 am

The transition line on the north part near the river has me a little intrigued as well. Kinda where there is an opening from the thicker evergreens as you get closer to the river.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”