Wisconsins 2015 gun season...

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Wisconsins 2015 gun season...

Unread postby dan » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:36 pm

In a few hours the woods will fill with men women and children dressed up like pumpkins. For some its a deep family tradition, others may be dreaming of a huge elusive buck, or using it as an excise to get together with friends they don't hardly see no more...

For many of us its a magical day, much like a kid waiting for Christmas we count the days to...

Whatever it is to you, make the best of it... You only get so many deer seasons in your lifetime. Use it wisely.

stash59

Re: Wisconsins 2015 gun season...

Unread postby stash59 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:42 am

dan wrote:In a few hours the woods will fill with men women and children dressed up like pumpkins. For some its a deep family tradition, others may be dreaming of a huge elusive buck, or using it as an excise to get together with friends they don't hardly see no more...

For many of us its a magical day, much like a kid waiting for Christmas we count the days to...

Whatever it is to you, make the best of it... You only get so many deer seasons in your lifetime. Use it wisely.

Well said!!

Be safe,keep warm and have fun!!
Bow_Badger

Unread postby Bow_Badger » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:57 am

Good luck everyone

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:01 pm

1st drive had a couple passed does, and a disabled hunter who tagged along shot a big doe... He said it was his 1st gun kill ever, despite being an avid hunter older than me.... Congrats Greg!
We had a big track slip out the back door and this is two years in a row same spot... Shame on me. Next year that spot will be covered.

Drive 2 put up four deer... I shot what I thought was a doe, but really was a 2 inch spike. Jeff T. shot a nubbin, Dave shot a big doe, and the last doe ran onto some private where it was quickly dispatched by whomever was hunting over there.

Drive 3 put up a lot of deer... I was a driver and they were not jumping till we stepped on them. Walked up on a small buck and filmed him from 10 yards before pushing him to Bryce, who was not as nice as me and killed him. 8-) We also put up a few does and a very wide 4 pointer. 1st it went by Jason and he shot at it, then Bryce shot at it, then it ran past Bryces friend who shot at it, then past Chris who shot at it. Chris followed up the trail for over a mile till a guy and his daughter shot at it and took the trail over...

And then it was the end of the day... We hunted all day, and did not eat till we got to my house after hunting ;) :lol:
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:09 pm

Sounds like a fun day!!
wihunter

Unread postby wihunter » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:43 pm

Not a lot of shooting out by us today. Pretty sloppy roads this morning with all the snow, wondering if everyone slept in. Had a great day being outside even though I didn't see a deer until driving home :lol:
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:33 pm

Be safe out there.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:05 pm

Thought I would miss opening day in the northwoods but it was actually a very nice change. Slept in my own bed and drove only 10 minutes to hunt one of my favorite marsh spots. So much better not fighting the traffic heading north on Friday. Seen some deer, had some fresh snow and best of all hunting pressure around me was surprisingly very light. Think I see more hunting pressure up north in popular areas. I expected the worst but was pleasantly surprised. Maybe the cold and snow scared everybody away. Years ago when I hunted around here many guys turned into road hunters on days like today driving around more than actually hunting.

fishlips
500 Club

Unread postby fishlips » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:52 pm

Nice day where we were hunting but pretty quiet. Got a little snow on the ground tonight. Maybe tomorrow will be better

[ Post made via Android ] Image
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:33 pm

Dewey wrote:Thought I would miss opening day in the northwoods but it was actually a very nice change. Slept in my own bed and drove only 10 minutes to hunt one of my favorite marsh spots. So much better not fighting the traffic heading north on Friday. Seen some deer, had some fresh snow and best of all hunting pressure around me was surprisingly very light. Think I see more hunting pressure up north in popular areas. I expected the worst but was pleasantly surprised. Maybe the cold and snow scared everybody away. Years ago when I hunted around here many guys turned into road hunters on days like today driving around more than actually hunting.

PRESSURE GETS HIGH AROUND HERE AFTER THANKSGIVING.
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:45 am

dan wrote:
Dewey wrote:Thought I would miss opening day in the northwoods but it was actually a very nice change. Slept in my own bed and drove only 10 minutes to hunt one of my favorite marsh spots. So much better not fighting the traffic heading north on Friday. Seen some deer, had some fresh snow and best of all hunting pressure around me was surprisingly very light. Think I see more hunting pressure up north in popular areas. I expected the worst but was pleasantly surprised. Maybe the cold and snow scared everybody away. Years ago when I hunted around here many guys turned into road hunters on days like today driving around more than actually hunting.

Makes sense. Alot of hunters head away from home for opening weekend but come home by thanksgiving. To be with the family.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:59 am

stash59 wrote:
dan wrote:

Makes sense. Alot of hunters head away from home for opening weekend but come home by thanksgiving. To be with the family.

Perfect. If plans work out and have tracking snow I will be heading north after Thanksgiving. 8-)

dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:40 am

Yesterday we did a few more drives... Put up 2 small ones on the 1st drive that were passed... 2nd drive one that was clean missed by my brother in law who is kinda new to hunting. The deer kept sneaking ahead of me while I was pushing and did not jump until it was right next to Jason so he used his iron sights under his scope and took the scope to his head. He probably needed stitches, but it was his turn to push. LOL

Then we had a fresh track from an unknown that slipped past BIL into a dead end area. (probably slipped past while he was seeing stars holding onto the ladder for his life) We surrounded it and sent Jeff Trudell in... I set every body up and took the last position way up on a hill. I saw a mature doe sneaking ahead of jeff and took a 200 yard shot. The deer circled around Jeff and back into heavy cattails and jeff couldn't find sign and kept falling thru to his armpits, even loosing his rifle a time or two, so I thought I better get down there and help. There was no blood where I shot, but there was several sets of tracks where the deer rand circles and Jeff was on the wrong track... I got on the right track and assumed a clean miss cause there was no blood anywhere in the snow... About ten yards into the cattails you could see where it belly crawled past Jeff, then a little ways up I found it dead... No bullet hole anywhere! :shock: Maybe it had a heart attack? Or maybe it new the BBSK was after it and it was to much, but we looked all over and could not find a bullet hole. We did two more drives after that before calling quits with no more deer sighted...
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:32 am

Be interested to see what you find when you skin it!!
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:33 am

stash59 wrote:Be interested to see what you find when you skin it!!
it was taken to the butcher...

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”