Opening Morning Snow

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Re: Opening Morning Snow

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:48 am

Wapiti wrote:
purebowhunting wrote:Most excited I've been for gun hunting in a while, having this pic from last week shared with me from public land sure helps!

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Somebody hunting public land shared that pic with you! They must either be blood-related or sending you on a wild goose chase!

I doubt its goose. The antlers show similar character to other megas in the area.

purebowhunting
500 Club

Unread postby purebowhunting » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:54 am

Somebody hunting public land shared that pic with you! They must either be blood-related or sending you on a wild goose chase![/quote]

Pretty confident it's legit, my cousin and his buddy got the pic last week. They're not much for hunters, I borrowed my cousin my stand for the week so he didn't have to only bow hunt from the ground. They've been trying to hunt/scout all week, wanted me to call in sick to help. We'll see what happens.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:21 am

Watch out Southern WI. Its coming. This guy is usually spot on with his forecasts.

[bbvideo=425,350]https://youtu.be/AYfBUUlYeso[/bbvideo]
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:43 am

BassBoysLLP wrote:Watch out Southern WI. Its coming. This guy is usually spot on with his forecasts.

Interesting. Weather underground just dropped me down to 1" from 3"-6". I'm 30 miles north of Mad town. If we actually get 7" or 8" with blowing and drifting. It may actually keep alot of guys at home. Or stuck in a ditch. Plus depends what time it actually hits. if alot has fallen before first light in the morning of the opener. the deer will probably be hunkered down for the day already. Sunday would be great in that scenario.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:50 am

BassBoysLLP wrote:Watch out Southern WI. Its coming. This guy is usually spot on with his forecasts.

Sounds like he works for the Milwaukee stations. :lol: They were hyping this up like it's gonna be a blizzard yesterday but are now backing off some. I'll be surprised if we get more than a few inches.
E72
500 Club

Unread postby E72 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:58 am

I always laugh every year when the local news leads off with the first snow accumulation, its the big story of day! Like we've never seen it before ... White Death! They interview the transportation guru at the salt barn . :lol: By the middle of January , non story unless it's 6-7" or more . ;).

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”