All I can say is wow!!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Dewey

Re: All I can say is wow!!

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:53 am

BassBoysLLP wrote:It was just a matter of time. I'm actually surprised this type of thing hasn't happened sooner. I thought someone would have marketed a hot spots map for public land hunting by now (similar to the fishing maps). I guess that is still coming.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Most of those Fishing Hot Spots maps are a joke. They get pounded so bad they rarely produce anymore like years past. Makes you wonder if guys that make them who in most cases are guides point people to areas away from their honey holes. I do much better avoiding the "Hot Spots" and suspect marked hunting spot will be the same.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Motivated
500 Club

Unread postby Motivated » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:11 pm

I was going to click the link to find out what areas were posted, but it was too much effort..

Work hard, stay humble, be kind.
mauser06
500 Club

Unread postby mauser06 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:36 pm

a quick browse of the article gives me a different take...

you guys missed their motive...yes they have a motive...and it is NOT to help hunters....come on now....

they mention in the article the areas are recently timbered areas etc....

all about keeping the deer from eating the new growth!!
Zona
500 Club

Unread postby Zona » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:50 pm

A lot of those areas near me where high fenced at one time. Amazing to see the difference in the browse line between the fenced and open timber. Without the fence deer would have decimated the new grow.

BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:54 pm

Dewey wrote:
BassBoysLLP wrote:It was just a matter of time. I'm actually surprised this type of thing hasn't happened sooner. I thought someone would have marketed a hot spots map for public land hunting by now (similar to the fishing maps). I guess that is still coming.

Most of those Fishing Hot Spots maps are a joke. They get pounded so bad they rarely produce anymore like years past. Makes you wonder if guys that make them who in most cases are guides point people to areas away from their honey holes. I do much better avoiding the "Hot Spots" and suspect marked hunting spot will be the same.

You're missing my point. I'm surprised it hasn't been done to the biggest and most popular public hunting grounds. The world is filled with hunters asking where to sit on a particular wind, when, etc. I'm surprised no one tried to make a buck doing it.

BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:55 pm

mauser06 wrote:a quick browse of the article gives me a different take...

you guys missed their motive...yes they have a motive...and it is NOT to help hunters....come on now....

Good point.

bowmike
500 Club

Unread postby bowmike » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:31 pm

If you see any of those signs can you please post a picture. Lol I want to see this for myself what they look like.

NEXT YEAR I' HOLDING OUT FOR A BIG ONE!!
Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:40 pm

mauser06 wrote:a quick browse of the article gives me a different take...

They won't be happy until the poor things are eradicated uh I mean properly managed.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:42 pm

They must think pa hunters are incapable of finding a deer without a sign pointing to them.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:45 pm

BassBoysLLP wrote:
Dewey wrote:

You're missing my point. I'm surprised it hasn't been done to the biggest and most popular public hunting grounds. The world is filled with hunters asking where to sit on a particular wind, when, etc. I'm surprised no one tried to make a buck doing it.

I got your point. Just saying if somebody does do that I doubt too many hunters will find sucess off it. Sooner or later somebody will try to make some money on this I'm sure.

BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:59 pm

Dewey wrote:
BassBoysLLP wrote:
Dewey wrote:

I got your point. Just saying if somebody does do that I doubt too many hunters will find sucess off it. Sooner or later somebody will try to make some money on this I'm sure.

It definitely would be interesting to see what would happen if such maps were produced and sold commercially. A map detailing not only the "rut spots", but potential buck bedding locations with wind direction. Do the bucks relocate all together? To spots only earned with boot leather? Or does the quality of the hunt diminish to the point where one looks for greener pastures? Thought about this very thing for a few hours in the tree stand last week when I start analyzing my most productive areas the last few years.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:53 pm

:lol:
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”