Gun hunting links?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

whitetail_addict

Gun hunting links?

Unread postby whitetail_addict » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:54 pm

Can someone link to or bump some of the old gun hunting beast threads? I tried a search for gun related hunting topics but didn't quite find what I was looking for. I'm thinking of a couple I've seen on here in past seasons discussing gun season setups and tactics.

It's just around the corner here in WI!

Peeps22
500 Club

Re: Gun hunting links?

Unread postby Peeps22 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:22 pm

I think if i need to learn anything about deer hunting, its how to gun hunt... i dont see squat during gun season.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:51 pm

“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
WSalzNC

Unread postby WSalzNC » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:48 am

whitetail_addict wrote:Can someone link to or bump some of the old gun hunting beast threads? I tried a search for gun related hunting topics but didn't quite find what I was looking for. I'm thinking of a couple I've seen on here in past seasons discussing gun season setups and tactics.

It's just around the corner here in WI!

I am a gun hunter, only because I've gotten back to hunting after many years and haven't bought a bow yet. For me, the tactics for finding and getting on deer are the same and apply regardless of the weapon. Hunting with a gun provides an advantage because it is not necessary to be so close to the beds or points of activity... in some circumstances, one can set up a vantage point from further away-- more "sniping" than "ambushing."

I've been planning a hunt tomorrow for a few weeks now, on gun opener on public land. Besides adjusting my expectations for pressure and other hunters, I'm not changing my scouting tactics at all from what everyone on here has said. "All time best tactical threads" is still the ultimate resource IMO: http://www.thehuntingbeast.com/viewtopi ... =3&t=24471
Silverback6

Unread postby Silverback6 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:33 am

I'm not sure about the marsh bucks DVD but I know the hill country DVD talks about gun hunting quite a bit.
mspaci

Unread postby mspaci » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:20 am

Love bowhunting, but with my job as a chef at a boarding school I am a part time bowhunter at best. However, the kids all go home for 10 days a Thanksgiving & I am out every day with the gun. I kinda approach it just like bowhunting & my deer kills are usually at very close range. Love that time of year. Tomorrow will sight in, anticipating opening day next Sat. Cant wait, Mike

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”