Earlier or later??

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

mauser06
500 Club

Earlier or later??

Unread postby mauser06 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:03 am

So yesterday my boss asked me to submit some documents.. I explained due to me training a new guy all week I didn't get to them and would get them to him ASAP...

Long story short for ruining my evening off he approved me a day off...

I have to look at the schedule yet and see what I possible..

But...I think my options will be next mon-wed (16-18th) (one of those days). Or the wed before Thanksgiving (25th).

I am hunting the 19th already and probably the morning of the 20th..and the 23rd and 24th.

I am thinking it'd be wise to use the new day ASAP..

I don't know what's going on in the woods..but I think the earlier dates aughta be better...?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

mauser06
500 Club

Re: Earlier or later??

Unread postby mauser06 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:30 am

Pulled my cameras from a good rut funnel. I hung them Nov 1st.

I expected them to have a lot of good action...

Let's just say disappointed is what I am lol...

Glad I didn't hunt that spot through the week as the action..atleast on the 2 main trails my cameras were on..just wasn't there...

Some chasing went on...couple small bucks during the late mornings. Resident does came by as per usual...shooter or 2 blurry late at night..

I watch that spot every year go from "ahh a few deer live here" to "wow! There must be a million deer here!" Because it gets so torn up wit rut traffic and sign...there's hardly a rub...creek crossing hardly show use..

I think the best is yet to come...

I still think next week will be better opposed to the week after...

[ Post made via Android ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”