Stabilizers

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BHC

Stabilizers

Unread postby BHC » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:02 pm

Thinking about getting a more expensive bee stinger stabilizer for my set up. Would like to hear from some of you more experienced archers. Is it worth the cost? I currently have an old cheap cobra check stabilizer on. And should I get the 8",10", or 12"? How much benefit will those extra 2-4" give?
Any info is appreciated..

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

isitseasonyet?
500 Club

Re: Stabilizers

Unread postby isitseasonyet? » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:11 pm

I have the 10, it helps me with the pins floating, meaning makes it easier to hold where I want to. To be honest I noticed no difference accuracy wise inside of 40 yards, at 50, 60, and 70 it shrunk my groups considerably. Maybe 30% smaller? I like it. And would deffinatley recommend it, the only trouble is you will have to take it off for it to fit in a regular bowcase.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
FRH
500 Club

Unread postby FRH » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:22 pm

I have a stokerized 1 (http://www.stokerized.com/products/hd-ss1 When I bought my bow I had already bought the bee stinger 10", didn't really like it all that much so tried the stokerized and love it. It slides front to back and also goes up and down for left/right balance. It really helps out with leaving the quiver on.
Backwoodsbeards

Unread postby Backwoodsbeards » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:49 pm

I got a 10" and it helped my groups more than anything I've done. I couldnt hit a target at 70 yards before and now I have 3" groups. I've hit a 100 yard target with my bow since.

Bowhunting Brian
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunting Brian » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:24 pm

the longer the rod, the less weight you need on the end. I recommend getting a quick disconnect too.
Country
500 Club

Unread postby Country » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:38 pm

I used to own a 10" Doinker Dish. My recommendation would be save your money. I didn't notice any improvement in accuracy to speak of and it was a huge pain in the but to carry through the woods. I used to use a screw in bow hanger a lot and I had more issues in softer trees with the additional weight pulling the hanger down too far. It was more of an inconvenience than anything for me. I really appreciate the compactness and weight of the bow without one, especially for hunting.

mauser06
500 Club

Unread postby mauser06 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:25 pm

I have a doinker that is longer than most hunting stabilizers you see..7-10" range I'd guess...

I really like it..I wish I could play around with a bunch..its probably one of the more overlooked parts of a bow..$20 stabilizers run the hunting market...

I also shoot with a fully extended Viper sight...

Is it a little overkill and over sized for hunting? Not to me...doesn't bother me in the least...and like was said aids a lot...

Twenty Up
500 Club

Unread postby Twenty Up » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:35 pm

I've got a 10" Beestinger and really enjoy it, a noticeable difference from those cheapo 6" stabs...

You should look into a side bar as well, I noticed my groups favoring the right at a distance. I confirmed this by drawing and holding my bow with my eyes closed and realized the weight of my bow (or just how I hold it) was tilted ever so slightly to the right...

I have yet to add a sidebar but I'm in the market to do so... Is this necessary for a hunting rig? Probably not but I'm looking to really maximize my groups out to 50 yards, I also shoot 3D with this bow so it will help me more-so there if anything.
Trust the Process~~ Lost Boys Outdoors ~~

YoutTube: https://youtube.com/channel/UC7TXknGut5WfZQ6CbddgqYg
msailor

Unread postby msailor » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:13 am

isitseasonyet? wrote:I have the 10, it helps me with the pins floating, meaning makes it easier to hold where I want to. To be honest I noticed no difference accuracy wise inside of 40 yards, at 50, 60, and 70 it shrunk my groups considerably. Maybe 30% smaller? I like it. And would deffinatley recommend it, the only trouble is you will have to take it off for it to fit in a regular bowcase.

x2, big difference.
wiscbowhntr
500 Club

Unread postby wiscbowhntr » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:22 am

A side bar is VERY important. A unbalanced bow is a bow being torqued by a shooter. Not a big deal 30 yards and in, but it will help a lot at 30+ yard shots.

justdirtyfun
500 Club

Unread postby justdirtyfun » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:30 am

Some stabilizers can be added on to or doubled up so don't worry about the brand name. The important thing is adding weight further away from center.
For comparison motorcycles are being designed with weight centrally located to provide quick response and maneuverability.

You don't have to be the best, just do your best.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”