Recent cold front and buck movement

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Zona
500 Club

Recent cold front and buck movement

Unread postby Zona » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:02 am

Good morning people. I am sitting here in SW PA waiting for the rain embedded in this current front to push through and thinking of a game plan. Planning on hitting the woods and hour before the rain ends and was wondering what you mid western guys observed in buck behavior during and shortly after the front pushed through.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Dewey

Re: Recent cold front and buck movement

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:11 am

Zona wrote:Good morning people. I am sitting here in SW PA waiting for the rain embedded in this current front to push through and thinking of a game plan. Planning on hitting the woods and hour before the rain ends and was wondering what you mid western guys observed in buck behavior during and shortly after the front pushed through.

Just pushed thru here overnight. Yet to be determined but I did see better movement already. Almost hit one with my truck on my way hunting this morning and had one under my stand before opening.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Zona
500 Club

Unread postby Zona » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:30 am

Dewey wrote:
Zona wrote:Good morning people. I am sitting here in SW PA waiting for the rain embedded in this current front to push through and thinking of a game plan. Planning on hitting the woods and hour before the rain ends and was wondering what you mid western guys observed in buck behavior during and shortly after the front pushed through.

Just pushed thru here overnight. Yet to be determined but I did see better movement already. Almost hit one with my truck on my way hunting this morning and had one under my stand before opening.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

I am thinking buck bedding, near water might still be the plan today.

mauser06
500 Club

Unread postby mauser06 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:28 am

Id expect better movement...but it still hasn't cooled off...atleast its cooler and cloudy...but still 60+.

The temps didnt completely curb daylight movement this week..I seen a number of mature bucks hit in the afternoon hours..

Zona
500 Club

Unread postby Zona » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:55 am

mauser06 wrote:Id expect better movement...but it still hasn't cooled off...atleast its cooler and cloudy...but still 60+.

The temps didnt completely curb daylight movement this week..I seen a number of mature bucks hit in the afternoon hours..

There was a few fresh paint jobs coming down I 79 last night.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”