Blood Tracking Lights

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

bowhunter15
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/DIY-Spor ... 3136327062

Re: Blood Tracking Lights

Unread postby bowhunter15 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:07 am

I use oneither of the cheap Chinese SureFire nockoffs. They're called like Ultra fire and similar names. My headlamp is rated for 900 lumens (not sure how accurate that is, but it's a brigot focused beam). Cost like $13-20. Runs off two laptop battery cells (rechargeable ).

When I tracked my deer earlier this year with another guy, he started off with his flashlight. I dug through my pack and pulled out my Amazon headlamp. When I turned it on he went "holy **** that's bright!". Couldn't even tell if his was on anymore lol. Generally I can always track deer at a walking pace at night without bending down to see specs. And the bright focused beam allows me to look ahead and see blood 10-15 yards up ahead (on a good hit).

[ Post made via Android ] Image

<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:57 pm

mbucks27 wrote:Primos bloodhunter hd is an awesome light I always had a hard time finding blood but once i got that light I can now pick up even the smallest dots of blood with no problem. You are going to really like it.

Well I just got this sucker, and it's not cheaply made at all. Heavy and it's not like a cheap black light either. I will be interested to see if it works as advertised. I got a lantern on the way I wanna try that also. Seems like such an obvious and simplistic thing that it will make me laugh if it works well.

sunset samurai

Unread postby sunset samurai » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:07 pm

Im red green color blind so daytime tracking is out of the question (brother, wife, or friend are required.) But night time I can do prty good with my Sure fire led. It appears the blood. kinda sparkles a little. Iv tried the tracking lights and spray to no avail. Again to regular eyes they may work.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”