Rut movement early november

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

mheichelbech
500 Club
Facebook: mheichelbech@gmail.com

Rut movement early november

Unread postby mheichelbech » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:47 am

I am curious as to what others experience has been with bucks seeking and chasing this time of year...

- is it more of a anything can happen at anytime or if you don't see movement in the first few hours of the day, it's likely to best a bust until normal evening doe movement...

- In heat like this (70s), do you see better morning or evening movement? I would have though mornings but so far it's been evenings that were best

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

"One of the chief attractions of the life of the wilderness is its rugged and stalwart democracy; there every man stands for what he actually is and can show himself to be." — Theodore Roosevelt, 1893
headgear
500 Club

Re: Rut movement early november

Unread postby headgear » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:50 am

I'm not sure anyone can really define it, it can be very local to your area and can depend on the doe's, weather, moon, pressure, and the number of bucks in your area. Some years I hit it right and see a lot of rutting action, other years not so much. Some guys are still hunting bedding (me) some guys are all out rut tactics. You might just have to try different things and different areas and see what works for you. Things can change at a moments notice, it's November so just get in the woods, have some fun, try and put yourself in a good position and hope for the best.

If you are a believer in the moon stuff the next few mornings should be good, I'm going to sit some rut beds hoping to catch them coming back during shooting hours. I tried an am bed hunt this weekend but had one bust me well before first light, I was there with plenty of time but there was chasing going on in the bedding area so I had to wait until they moved off and I tried to slip in and setup quick but I wasn't fast enough.
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:08 am

I really see all day movement pick up A. if it is colder than normal or B. closer to Nov 3/4... at that point, IMO, it really pays to sit all day. I have had BIG bucks come through anywhere from 9AM-3PM. I think the bucks wait until the does are bedded down and then they start moving to check em
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
huntinsonovagun

Unread postby huntinsonovagun » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:22 am

Bucky wrote:I think the bucks wait until the does are bedded down and then they start moving to check em

That's an interesting take that really makes sense.

stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:38 am

After Halloween most of my better buck sightings came between 9:00AM-2:00PM. Mainly cruisers until about the 13. But it can differ depending on area,weather and other factors.

It's November! Any and every second on stand could be well worth it.
nathan5004

Unread postby nathan5004 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:36 am

I saw bucks running does all day on oct 30 in PA. On the 31, nov 1 and today nov 2 in southern ohio hill country, I have seen zero chasing or cruising while sitting in the classic funnels. Pretty disappointing. What's up with this? I saw 2 bucks (one small, one nice) walking together at 9 am yesterday but nothing about it seemed like rut behavior.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”