3rd week of Nov??

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

mauser06
500 Club

3rd week of Nov??

Unread postby mauser06 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:53 pm

So...I have a dilemma...

Bear season starts November 21st...

I am off the 19th-24th.

My archery hunting days are over for the season..

I am considering only bear hunting opening day...goto camp the 20th..come home the 22nd.

Thatd give me the 19th, 23rd and 24th..

After the first day our bear success rate is much much lower..unless we have snow or a lot of guys stay (rarely happens..).

What would daylight movement of the big bucks be like that late???

I haven't had enough...I feel like I'm so close...I've had more shooters within 50yds than ever before..

I have both cameras in a rut funnel as of yesterday...i will likely hunt it the 19th and pull the cards and see what it tells me and decide then...or pull the cards a few days prior and see if I even have not bucks coming through there in the daylight..

Either way that'll help sway my thoughts.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

HoosierG5
500 Club

Re: 3rd week of Nov??

Unread postby HoosierG5 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:14 pm

In IN thats still considered prime time. If I could Id be hunting all day when you can. Even if its "late rut" theres still a good chance for a cruising buck. Heck, Im planning on a first weekend hunt in Dec in MO that Id consider the same.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
mauser06
500 Club

Unread postby mauser06 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:26 pm

That's what I'm hoping for!

Honestly the big bucks aren't showing signs of anything as of yet IMO...I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary... Had one coming to bed a little bit late the other morning..

1.5yos are running rampade though..

Our season ends the 2nd week..the 14th or so..but my home area has an extended season for the first time so I don't know what to expect..

Zona
500 Club

Unread postby Zona » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:37 am

I have seen some of my largest bucks during PA's bear season. I will be in Allegheny county the week of thanksgiving. Looking forward to it.

Redman232

Unread postby Redman232 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:20 am

I killed my first mature buck thanksgiving morning in a funnel, grunting with nose to ground. A lot of big deer get killed in Indiana in that time frame.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”