Deer Processing

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Shockwave

Deer Processing

Unread postby Shockwave » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:45 am

Im in the Oak Creek area and am looking for a decent place to take deer for processing. From the searches I've done, I know most here are DIYers but I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of a decent place where you get your own meat back. Thanks in advance everyone!

rancid crabtree

Re: Deer Processing

Unread postby rancid crabtree » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:57 am

Is doing it yourself out of the question? Its a great thing to learn and you will save money in the long run.
jmaas07
500 Club

Unread postby jmaas07 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:01 am

rancid crabtree wrote:Is doing it yourself out of the question? Its a great thing to learn and you will save money in the long run.

X2. Money saver is one benifit. You can also see the anatomy of the deer and get a better understanding and then take that into consideration for shot placement

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
rancid crabtree

Unread postby rancid crabtree » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:10 am

The reasons for doing it yourself of endless but I understand not everybody has the time or space for the job nor the funds for the initial investment in processing. I asked to better understand the OP's situation.

Give a man a fish and all.
Shockwave

Unread postby Shockwave » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:12 am

I absolutely will start handling processing myself once I buy a house in the spring. I live in an apartment right now and don't have the room or equipment to take on the task. Plus, judging by the way management operates around here, I would imagine that puddles of deer blood on the premises would be frowned upon.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:28 am

if I don't butcher my own which I don't when im on vacation I take all my deer to detjens in Waterford. 60$ full process all boned out. and they are done in like 4 or 5 days.......
FRH
500 Club

Unread postby FRH » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:45 am

tim wrote:if I don't butcher my own which I don't when im on vacation I take all my deer to detjens in Waterford. 60$ full process all boned out. and they are done in like 4 or 5 days.......

I live in waterford and have never heard of this place?
Shockwave

Unread postby Shockwave » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:18 pm

I'll have to look that place up. I'll make the trip for a decent processor.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
P&YBuck1
500 Club

Unread postby P&YBuck1 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:50 pm

Try Tommy Schwai's, he has a place in Fredonia and the other location is in Cedarburg.

He has awesome brats, italians, and a host of other items including venison bacon.

262-692-2731-Fredonia location
Unchained

Unread postby Unchained » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:15 pm

The Butcher Block right on 32 should be really close to you. I've never actually had them process a deer for me because I do my own. However, I have had them make me ground, sticks, brats and summer sausage, and they are all excellent. I would trust they do a good job with a deer.
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:48 pm

my bad I meant watertown, sorry for the confusion. its detjens. if on the interstaste take the Johnson creek exit to get you into watertown.
Shockwave

Unread postby Shockwave » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:47 am

Unchained wrote:The Butcher Block right on 32 should be really close to you. I've never actually had them process a deer for me because I do my own. However, I have had them make me ground, sticks, brats and summer sausage, and they are all excellent. I would trust they do a good job with a deer.

I completely forgot about the Butcher Block! I'll have to stop by there and see what their prices are.
chasemukluk

Unread postby chasemukluk » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:38 pm

I'll help you! If I am in town, bring it over and we can have it done and packaged in 4 hours.
CRK925
Facebook: don't have facebook

Unread postby CRK925 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:16 pm

tim wrote:if I don't butcher my own which I don't when im on vacation I take all my deer to detjens in Waterford. 60$ full process all boned out. and they are done in like 4 or 5 days.......

I'll second Detjens in Watertown. Had my deer back in 5 days for $60 even. Did a nice job trimming and they go to great lengths to ensure your own deer back.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”