Doe bedding

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

jmaas07
500 Club

Doe bedding

Unread postby jmaas07 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:33 am

I've sat downwind of the same doe bedding area 3 times now, each time in a different tree and I have had the same doe group come out each time, the first time I sat it a little buck came out with the does and paid them no attention, the next 2 sits no bucks followed. I'm seeing double digit doe numbers coming out of this bedding area within range. It's getting close here, I'm starting to see some rut sign but I havnt seen any bucks interested in does but that could change any day. Question is, how hard would you push this bedding area with the rut just around the corner?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Rome

Re: Doe bedding

Unread postby Rome » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:19 am

I'd hunt it for as long as the sign and sightings are showing the does are still using it.

Access usually determines this. I have one pre-set on a private piece that I can hunt on any westerly wind, and never worry about burning it out. Access is perfect. Water barrier behind, and then any other part I have to walk where they aren't used to human scent, I have put up brush barriers to prevent the deer from walking there. So, they never know I've been in/out of there w/ a westerly wind. I'm pretty anxious to get in that stand this coming Sunday, as long as the W wind forecast holds true.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”