Catch & Release

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

cbniner

Re: Catch & Release

Unread postby cbniner » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:32 pm

They run big bucks down in Kansas with dirt bikes in the prairie and some bucks run until they die of exhaustion, some bucks fall over and dudes get a picture with a live one

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Kraftd
500 Club

Unread postby Kraftd » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:13 pm

cbniner wrote:They run big bucks down in Kansas with dirt bikes in the prairie and some bucks run until they die of exhaustion, some bucks fall over and dudes get a picture with a live one

That sounds disgusting....
okeweemee

Unread postby okeweemee » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:14 am

Please dont laugh but i have actually considered shooting them with a paintball gun.
We see so many to wade thru to one you want to kill that i thought it might be fun.

My better judgement prevailed.

but the concept the op mentioned is one i can relate to. i just enjoy tricking them.
Horizontal Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Horizontal Hunter » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:02 am

The kill is a necessary part of the hunt. Without the kill it wouldn't be hunting.

Hunting isn't something that you do it is part of who you are down to your core.

JMO,

Bob

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter. :o

Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:34 am

I liked hunter_mike's comments!

It's one thing to let an animal walk because he's not what your after. Even taking pictures of target animals that stay out of range. But to control your nerves and make a shot trying to take a life is different. Yes I've also thought about using a paintball gun.

But I think these are/would be all somewhat anticlimactic. Part of the pressure of "reducing to possession" is what gives us that full blown adrenelin rush. Yes I use and love to eat the meat. But what keeps me coming back is that overwhelming feeling of accomplishment when a hunt is successful!

Personally, even though I still gun hunt. I've lost some of this feeling when using a firearm.

If it wasn't for that "high", I might as well just raise organic beef. In the long run it would probably be a cheaper way of getting meat.

Most problem bears that get tranquilized and placed back far away from people. Stay problem bears. Making their way back near humans. Actually getting more aggressive. Some believe this is because the drug used is harming the brain of the animals. Others say that it is a super traumatic experience. Similar to what a few human patients have experienced when their anesthesia didn't totally knock them out. Bears tranquilized more than once often end up being put down eventually. Long before they would have died naturally.

Just don't personally feel tranquilizing animals for sport is or would be a good thing.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:03 am

I always wanted to hunt them with paint ball guns... But, apparently that is deemed "animal cruelty"
tmarbut

Unread postby tmarbut » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:12 am

Use paintballs! Then you have legit bragging rights & nobody can argue with you! Lol!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”