evercalm deer scents

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Ravenhunter

Re: evercalm deer scents

Unread postby Ravenhunter » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:29 am

Love this scent. Works amazing. If you've ever walked down wind of deer it's the same smell. I use it not as an attractant but a cover scent.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Longbow with a pointy stick
Hunting is Conservation
Fractured

Unread postby Fractured » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:47 am

I'm kinda feeling like this thread is a commercial.

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Bigb
500 Club

Unread postby Bigb » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:27 am

People have there doubts but there are guys I know that kill mature bucks every year and use it. I've seen some good results from it.
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:18 am

One of the few scents I feel is worth the money for what it is...

Curious? Buy a stick and smell it. It smells exactly like a deer. I used to rub it on the sides of my boots and pants. I had many deer sniff around my entrance while using it… Come to think of it I may actually buy a stick for this year...
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:41 pm

I guess here is what I am thinking, even if it smells like a real deer is it useful? Can it really cover your scent so a mature buck isn't going to bust out down wing? Is there any real advantage to totally surprising a deer with an arrow? I know this stuff is pretty spendy, just trying to figure out is it at all applicable or just marketing? Rancid has good results with deer coming to vanilla, would there really be any difference here?
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:49 pm

PK_ wrote:One of the few scents I feel is worth the money for what it is...

Curious? Buy a stick and smell it. It smells exactly like a deer. I used to rub it on the sides of my boots and pants. I had many deer sniff around my entrance while using it… Come to think of it I may actually buy a stick for this year...

This is exactly how I feel about it.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
DaHunter

Unread postby DaHunter » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:26 pm

I've also had some success with it. Both 2.5 yr olds, but they seemed attracted to it. One followed my foot trail right to me for a shot. I've also had does come in to it. This year I bought the VS-1 (estrus)...We'll see how it goes.

I_Love_Scotch

Unread postby I_Love_Scotch » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:23 pm

Just like Nose Jammer jams their sense of smell....

:liar: :roll:
lungpuncher1

Unread postby lungpuncher1 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:35 am

I think it just preoccupies their mind for a little bit. Ie, they smell another deer strongly, they barely catch a whiff of human odor. They focus on the strong deer smell long enough to work closer to you or stand for a shot.

I don't buy into all the scent crap but I have tried the evercalm after a good buddy told me about it that kills great deer every year. I've killed several decent bucks with it around me. Not sure if it helped but it didn't hurt.

cdeam

Unread postby cdeam » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:56 am

I started to put in on my boots for stand entry on a couple nearby properties I usually hunt several times in the season. I'm just hoping maybe deer that cut my trail don't bust out and keep using the area. I figure it's a long shot but if it helps keep those stands fresh then I'll keep using it. Probably a waste of time and money. We'll see

stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:31 am

I'm kind of a scent nut. I haven't tried Evercalm yet. But have researched it and others like it. Roger Rotharee swore by fox urine to help control human ground odor. I think these type of things can help dupe immature animals alot of the time. Which is a good thing in my opinion. As long as your not going out of your way to place it out in front of your stand. In some circumstances keeping the younger deer calm means the mature ones aren't alerted to your presence before they show themselves.

No its not a cure all. It doesn't replace the Beast basics. But at times it could be the difference maker in certain situations. Increasing my odds a little bit.

JMHO
cbniner

Unread postby cbniner » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:20 am

Anyone who thinks a mature 4 yr old in a high pressure area is going to stop and sniff some evercalm during shooting hours is crazy, prolly works great on mature bucks that don't live in extreme fear of humans. High pressure Bucks don't get enough credit for how cagey they really are

cbniner

Unread postby cbniner » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:24 am

And most of us do not hunt deer in their natural setting, deer now live amongst us like rabbits, and they are getting smarter with time, a whitetail in Colorado that is co existing with elk and mule deer is not the same buck that is living in the back 40 acres.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”