Found a deer stand, ribbons on property i hunt..tresspasser

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

sunset samurai

Re: Found a deer stand, ribbons on property i hunt..tresspas

Unread postby sunset samurai » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:07 am

Iv also had great results ending the notes with " I have your picture on trailcam, I know who you are"

[ Post made via Android ] Image

IkemanTx
500 Club

Unread postby IkemanTx » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:24 am

I think I would leave the stand on the ground at the foot of the tree with the note, so they aren't tempted to hunt one more sit once they get there.
Go where none other dare to go, and there you'll find success.
Tufrthnails
500 Club

Unread postby Tufrthnails » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:33 am

Pull flags and re-tie leading them through the nastiest crap on the boundary you can find! J/K :D This has been a issue a few times on property me and my cousins have exclusive permission to hunt. I actually had a "local" ride his 4 wheeler to the bottom of my stand and ask who the I was at 5:15pm. A little urked was an understatement. After getting his name and why he was on the property "supposedly" had permission from my cousin to watch the property. That issue did end with a note! A court summons. Probably would not have ended to badly if he had just fessed up to the sheriff that he didn't have permission to be there. Sheriff didn't even ask my cousin if he wanted to tresspass the guy. But word got out quick and we haven't had an issue in a while, besides the methheads and there labs.
Tuf- The below average hunting beast
kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:49 am

Sorry to read this, happens up here all the time. Im usually nice and they show up again. My buddy has little issue and when I ask his secret on how to deal with trespassers? He said you gotta act like your a crazy sob and be a real a hole! Hope this situation goes ok for you.

"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt
deereload

Unread postby deereload » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:33 am

maybe its one of those Indians that are allowed to hunt at night and thought that property was public .... just saying ........
ihookem
500 Club

Unread postby ihookem » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:45 am

WOW, after reading hundreds of stories like this , maybe public land isn't so bad after all. I would be polite, especially if it was a kid, like 18 or younger. The older they are, the more they should know better. I never saw anger turn out well. A cool head and stern demeanor seems to give you control of the problem and they will perceive very quickly you know what you are talking about. Remember, most trespassers are stupid, ignorant , or jealous of others.
robert richer

Unread postby robert richer » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:10 am

ok last night I put a plastic envelope and the note inside, attached this to his first peg, left the stand alone and walked out with confidence....maybe the stand will be gone or maybe he will be sitting there next time I scope for him. If by this Sunday the stand is there especially if the note isn't there I will remove the stand and anticipate his next move, I am sure its going to be confrontational.

None the less the authorities were informed, owner was informed (instructed to remove stand) and he (trespasser) knows what is expected of him. Will-C! stay tuned....

You know something, based on one of the members comments about public land, verses private....I hunted up in Minong public land, harvested 3 great deer, several does and none without a problem from someone coming upon me and arguing who can be here or there, sometimes when I came upon a hunter in the woods sitting or in stand I backed off and went back the same way I came....public land ...remind you.

This guy trespassing, would be interesting without violence to get into his reasoning, good, bad or indifferent......
RJR-007
ihookem
500 Club

Unread postby ihookem » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:16 am

That's the problem, their reasoning is unreasonable and without logic. Most trespass out of envy and jealousy. Some , are so dumb they think if it not a broken up woods, it is still " Uncle Johny's land." People are just plain dumb. I know, I was dumb when I was a kid. Now that I am older and have land, it is a whole new story. Most likely just a dumb kid.
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:30 am

Yeah... the ribbons are kinda the saving grace here. I don't think you would ribbon a trail to your stand intentionally trespassing

Hope it all works out.... I kinda agree with Ken's buddy, the only way to keep people out for good is to go the CRAZY route :lol:
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
robert richer

Unread postby robert richer » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:18 pm

All right here an update.

Went out to hunt and found stand still there and letter gone.

Took stand down and brought stand home. Waiting for next move, hopefully no confrontations or???

Thank you all for the feedback. Stay tuned.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
RJR-007
chasemukluk

Unread postby chasemukluk » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:51 pm

Gotta love trespassers. Got these clowns on private property awhile back. Then some 4 wheelers the last two weeks now. Annoying to say the least. At least I got their license plate numbers on the jeeps. LOL...i really don't understand people.

A kind note is a good idea. Good luck!
[bbvideo=425,350]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuTr18oyFpQ[/bbvideo]
chasemukluk

Unread postby chasemukluk » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:53 pm

robert richer wrote:All right here an update.

Went out to hunt and found stand still there and letter gone.

Took stand down and brought stand home. Waiting for next move, hopefully no confrontations or???

Thank you all for the feedback. Stay tuned.

Did you leave a second note with directions on how to get the stand back?
Findian
500 Club

Unread postby Findian » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:11 pm

chasemukluk wrote:Gotta love trespassers. Got these clowns on private property awhile back. Then some 4 wheelers the last two weeks now. Annoying to say the least. At least I got their license plate numbers on the jeeps. LOL...i really don't understand people.

My cousin had a problem with people driving thru his old over grown field. But he was not so nice he put a board up with a ton of nails in it and laid it down on their path they took. After that he never had a problem with it.

olivertractor
Facebook: what's facebook

Unread postby olivertractor » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:14 pm

chasemukluk wrote:Gotta love trespassers. Got these clowns on private property awhile back. Then some 4 wheelers the last two weeks now. Annoying to say the least. At least I got their license plate numbers on the jeeps. LOL...i really don't understand people.

Wow smart, lol!

"Sad state of affairs when I'm voting for who's gonna hurt us less, than who's gonna help us more"
robert richer

Unread postby robert richer » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:20 am

No additional note, why?

Although on the first note giving instructions I did include contact information..........

This person had time (4 days) to remove stand and or contact me, he choose not to.

Therefore the stand was removed........per owners instructions.

This week will be interesting.

Stay tuned.
RJR-007

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”