Can't help but laugh

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

wolfie729
500 Club

Can't help but laugh

Unread postby wolfie729 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:59 am

Every year theres always the guys I'm going to hold out for a good one and every year they shoot dinks lol can't help but laugh!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Earn what’s never given.
dreaming bucks

Re: Can't help but laugh

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:18 am

wolfie729 wrote:Every year theres always the guys I'm going to hold out for a good one and every year they shoot dinks lol can't help but laugh!

Friends of yours?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
wolfie729
500 Club

Unread postby wolfie729 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:03 am

O ya every year

Earn what’s never given.
Rome

Unread postby Rome » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:14 am

As long as they have no regrets and are happy with what they shot, then they are most likely making the right decision for their current level of deer hunting. I would rather see guys doing that than see the guys who pass bucks but have never shot any buck (or doe) because they feel they aren't a big enough hunter if they shoot something under 130".

When I see someone with a small buck, I congratulate them with the same enthusiasm as someone who dropped a Booner. I can't stand that trophy has inches tied to it. Trophy is relative to area and hunting experience level.

wolfie729
500 Club

Unread postby wolfie729 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:32 am

Rome wrote:As long as they have no regrets and are happy with what they shot, then they are most likely making the right decision for their current level of deer hunting. I would rather see guys doing that than see the guys who pass bucks but have never shot any buck (or doe) because they feel they aren't a big enough hunter if they shoot something under 130".

When I see someone with a small buck, I congratulate them with the same enthusiasm as someone who dropped a Booner. I can't stand that trophy has inches tied to it. Trophy is relative to area and hunting experience level.

I agree I think i should have worded that better I'm happy for anyone who harvests an animal I just laugh when i hear thats it this year Im waiting for mister big and a fork horn walks out and wack either wait or dont say your waiting

Earn what’s never given.
hunter10
500 Club

Unread postby hunter10 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:37 am

I personally don't see how it should make someone laugh or bother them becuase of somone else's hunting criteria. I have a buddy who always says he'll only shoot a Tom come turkey season. I still answer the call each time he wants his jake cleaned.. Just my opinion

deereload

Unread postby deereload » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:03 am

to each his own - what is it to you
Rome

Unread postby Rome » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:10 am

wolfie729 wrote:
Rome wrote:As long as they have no regrets and are happy with what they shot, then they are most likely making the right decision for their current level of deer hunting. I would rather see guys doing that than see the guys who pass bucks but have never shot any buck (or doe) because they feel they aren't a big enough hunter if they shoot something under 130".

I agree I think i should have worded that better I'm happy for anyone who harvests an animal I just laugh when i hear thats it this year Im waiting for mister big and a fork horn walks out and wack either wait or dont say your waiting

I truly believe they think they want to wait, but reality is they aren't ready yet.

Redman232

Unread postby Redman232 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:12 am

I'll be honest, I've killed some good deer, but I've still got to talk myself out of shooting pretty much everyone that walks by. Luckily I'm getting a lot more convincing otherwise I'd be done hunting the first week of October every year.

Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:30 am

If they're happy with what they kill who cares. We all start out the season with intentions of killing a big buck but reality is extremely few actually succeed. If you don't mind tag soup if you hold out to long go for it but few have enough willpower to hold out till the end.

Bigb
500 Club

Unread postby Bigb » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:44 am

I think preseason we are all "holding out" for the biggest buck that roams the county we hunt. When it comes down to it and someone shoots a small buck even though they were holding out for a big one, I don't mind at all as long as they are proud of it. Personally, I hate it more when people disrespect someones small buck. If they are proud of it and worked hard to get it I could care less if its a spike or a booner.
wiscbowhntr
500 Club

Unread postby wiscbowhntr » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:11 pm

My goal is a 3yr old every year, usually end the season w/ a 2yr old and I am still jacked. What ever floats your boat.

Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:32 pm

I've got a itchy trigger finger myself.

justdirtyfun
500 Club

Unread postby justdirtyfun » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:31 pm

Well until a deer is in the fridge standards are a little grey.

You don't have to be the best, just do your best.
wolfie729
500 Club

Unread postby wolfie729 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:42 pm

I fully agree with what Bigb said its not that I care that they shoot small deer so the guys getting all but hurt chill out my point is if you say your going to do something stick to your guns and do it don't say somethjng knowing full well you won't do it, then there is no reason to say it in the first place if your happy with a certain caliber deer be proud stand tall don't shoot it and say yea i shot this little dink!? If thats how disrespectful you feel about the deer than why shoot it at all? You were man enough to pull the trigger be man enough to be proud of it!

Earn what’s never given.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”