Need some advice on my hunting locations

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

GTUP

Need some advice on my hunting locations

Unread postby GTUP » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:10 pm

I am just now getting back into, I have never really been serious before. I will be hunting in IL from a ground blind during shotgun season (usually after the rut). I have two main spots I will be hunting and would love some advice on setup and location. These pictures are right off google maps so the tops is north and so forth.

First spot is a lot of corn/bean field with a lot of taller grass throughout on the east/middle near the point of the trees. At the North East side of the property is a long bean field surrounded by trees, and just sound of the bean fiend is a dried up creek. There is about a 50-60 acre lot to the right that I can't hunt, but everything else is a go.

Second spot had a creek running through it, and inside the blue is where I can hunt.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Matt

GTUP

Re: Need some advice on my hunting locations

Unread postby GTUP » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:10 am

Anybody? I am mainly looking at the first spot because my buddy told me he is wanting to set up on the second spot in the North field, and I guess the property owner of the field just east will be hunting there also.
BigHills BuckHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BigHills BuckHunter » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:11 am

If I had a shotgun I would just sit over the beans surrounded by woods close to that river. Hopefully beans are still up?
I see several good spots for rut corridors too.
GTUP

Unread postby GTUP » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:52 am

Thats what I was thinking, more than likely they will come from the east or west and I hope use that as a funnel. It would be a plus if I could also find some tracks where the deer are crossing the river. It was a bean field last year, so I am actually hoping its corn now.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”