A little blind help

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

ZSV
500 Club

A little blind help

Unread postby ZSV » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:20 am

I've just been cleared from a work back injury and finally get to go out my first time this year on Sunday. The winds are supposed to be SSE and all of my beds I scouted are for W or N winds. I'm planning on going in blind to this spot in a public marsh.

I'm hoping there might be a buck bedding on that point and following those trails you can see in the marsh grass to the line of trees that runs W/E, which is where I'm thinking on setting up. The tree line is about 125 yards from the point so it's a little far...I do know from driving by that the whole tree line is on a hump and that got me wondering if maybe the bedding would be in the tree line. I know there is only 1 way to find out, but I was just looking for some opinions on my plan. Do you think they would be more likely to be bedding in the tree line or the finger?
If it helps the finger is coming off some timber that is next to a river. Sorry the pic is so zoomed in, but I wanted you to see the trails I mentioned and it's a screenshot off of my phone....
Thanks for any help!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

“I only live once, I will not die a coward “ - Bishop Mar Mari Emmanuel

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”