Beast style

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Super goat

Beast style

Unread postby Super goat » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:00 pm

I have to hand it to you guys Beast Style is difficult for me. I am gonna do it all year though. Never going to hunt the same tree twice. Hats off to you guys y'all have great discipline.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

<DK>
500 Club

Re: Beast style

Unread postby <DK> » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:17 am

Im new to it, I started a year ago just changing my tactics and having excellent results!
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:22 am

Once you start to see some fruits of your labor you will never look back. Everybody wants to be into big bucks all season, few are willing to put in the work.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
whitetailassasin

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:29 am

PK_ wrote:Once you start to see some fruits of your labor you will never look back. Everybody wants to be into big bucks all season, few are willing to put in the work.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

I agree, even though we try hard to be on big bucks all season, the percentage is way low off encounters to sits that produce either nothing or not what we are looking for. It's the one time it all goes right and you know you did everything it took for that buck to give you the shot, that makes you a true believer.

<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:44 am

Well its at the point for me that im about to lose couple hunting buddies bc I have changed and just don't see eye to eye anymore. But so far the results are worth it. I could have taken my 2nd Archery buck (140") last Saturday, its against the rules in my state to take 2 Bucks before Rifle, but i can just imagine the guys getting pissed the whole way home.
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:51 am

I've taken a few guys out with me before, after one hunt they are shocked I do this all season long. Hey even if every hunt is a bust you are getting a nice work out so win/win.
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:02 am

Super goat wrote:I have to hand it to you guys Beast Style is difficult for me. I am gonna do it all year though. Never going to hunt the same tree twice. Hats off to you guys y'all have great discipline.

Maybe others will disagree with me but don't get too carried away with stand rotation. Refusing to sit a tree more than once could possibly be a detriment. Especially during rut or if you have stealthy access.

I've got a couple spots that I could probably hunt 5 or 6 times, due to the fact that I'm leaving next to nothing behind scent wise.

If an area has hot sign and you hunt it once and never come back you might be missing opportunities.

You're doing the right thing by staying mobile it definitely makes a big difference.
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:36 am

Yep runt hunting is a different animal, if you know you have the right spot you sometimes have to pound it at the right time. I think I probably get caught up in bouncing around too much during the rut when I maybe should try and hang tight and see what happens but there are always lots of variables that come into play.
fishlips
500 Club

Unread postby fishlips » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:45 am

Lockdown wrote:
Super goat wrote:I have to hand it to you guys Beast Style is difficult for me. I am gonna do it all year though. Never going to hunt the same tree twice. Hats off to you guys y'all have great discipline.

Maybe others will disagree with me but don't get too carried away with stand rotation. Refusing to sit a tree more than once could possibly be a detriment. Especially during rut or if you have stealthy access.

I've got a couple spots that I could probably hunt 5 or 6 times, due to the fact that I'm leaving next to nothing behind scent wise.

If an area has hot sign and you hunt it once and never come back you might be missing opportunities.

There is never an always in deer hunting and one thing I have learned is that the most important thing to do out there is to stop and think about what you are doing and plan as best you can to put yourself in the best position possible. Our ability to think is the biggest advantage the hunter has.

You're doing the right thing by staying mobile it definitely makes a big difference.

Good advice. Been burned by this a time or two when there was a hot doe in the area pulling in all sorts of bucks. Hunted the spot once and thought it was burned out. Probably would have been good to go back and hunt it again.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:50 am

I will hunt a spot twice, just gotta have a good reason... 1st sits generally produce a lot more often than sitting the same stand several times... But, if there is a hot doe there, big sign that keeps appearing after you sat the area, its worth another sit... But, caution, I have seen great rut funnels go bad for several seasons after a guy sat there 6 or 7 times in one season. Old bucks are a different animal, they got old by learning to avoid daylight movement where they smell human.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”