Labrum Repair Surgery

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

semperfidelis

Labrum Repair Surgery

Unread postby semperfidelis » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:20 am

Fellas,

Has anyone had labrum repair surgery?

I would like to know about your recovery and how long it took to get back to bowhunting.

Personally I'm on day 4 post surgery...

mag1
500 Club

Re: Labrum Repair Surgery

Unread postby mag1 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:49 am

Not sure, just looked up what labarum was. Looks like it could be a bit. What does the doc. Say? I had my bicep reattachment done. Aug. 4th. The rehab guy just put me on 2lb. Weights. Ugh..... I have been doing some other stuff as well, may have pushed it a little to hard this week. I can do pushups against a counter top, don't use bicep much for that. But Will probably still use an xbow all season. I probably won't get out for 2-3,weeks yet. Kind of a slow recovery, but they seem to be conservative with reattachments. Not sure on a tear. Happy recovery.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Mike

Unread postby Mike » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:56 am

I'd say look to get an xbow for the rut. I think I had mine in August and was good by end of October.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
sethg

Unread postby sethg » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:12 am

I had SLAP labrum repair on July 3rd, 2012. I went through extensive rehab, and bow hunted that fall with no problems.... but I turned my bow from 73 lbs down to 55lbs. Drawing on cold mornings was pretty tough... real sore, and tight. also, using a hand climber was tough.... but I was able to hunt.
Ridgerunner7
500 Club

Unread postby Ridgerunner7 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:14 am

I have a partial labrum tear. Should still works but if I over do it shooting or working out it flares up. No surgery yet.
briar
500 Club

Unread postby briar » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:17 am

A friend had it done last spring and he just in the last week bought a bow. Not to be a downer but he said the rehab was painful and slow, but he is in much better spirits now. He is shooting an elite at #56 lbs. You are certainly not going to be shooting a bow this season, but should be set for next spring and summer practice. Hang in there.
Motivated
500 Club

Unread postby Motivated » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:29 am

Use a crossbow this season. You're way too early even in November. It is not worth tearing up your shoulder forever or having to do the surgery over again. You will have a follow up soon with the surgeon or PA, ask for a post-op protocol and ask about bow hunting. They will tell you. A labrum repair is a big deal. Do things right if you want to bow hunt long term. Find a good PT.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Work hard, stay humble, be kind.
csgrizz

Unread postby csgrizz » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:51 am

I had a torn labrum and a lot of scar tissue from an old healed, not fixed right tear, I had mine done in May 2010 and bowhunted that same year in October, Once I finished my rehab, due to my insurance I had a set number of visits remaining and talked the rehab lady into building my bow draw specific muscles back into shape and I was fine at 56 lbs.
keb
500 Club

Unread postby keb » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:38 am

had a severe slap tear in my labrum 6 anchors, 3 months to the date of surgery I was released and was shooting my 40lb recurve. Bad thing is my shoulder has never been the same since the surgery. It don't hurt but is not the same, had to drop weight on compunds and stick bows
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:11 am

Don't know anything about it. Just hope you have a good and speedy recovery!!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”