Ozonics!?! LoL? Maybe?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Dewey

Re: Ozonics!?! LoL? Maybe?

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:34 pm

BassBoysLLP wrote:
Dor wrote:
Dewey wrote:If test proved without a doubt Ozonics kills 100% of human odor I still would not use it. Half the fun is playing the chess match with the deer and scent is a huge part of it. Take that away and are you really hunting anymore?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

100% agree

[ Post made via Android ] Image

I've said it before, but I think this is part of the negativity toward scent control. While some of the non-believers in scent control argue that scent control practitioners are living on pride, there is a similar proportion of anti scent control hunters that don't want to believe any part of it is possible for the integrity of the sport.

Huh? :?

Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:16 am

AntlerAddiction wrote:
solocam88 wrote:
Dewey wrote:If test proved without a doubt Ozonics kills 100% of human odor I still would not use it. Half the fun is playing the chess match with the deer and scent is a huge part of it. Take that away and are you really hunting anymore?

Exactly, where is the line drawn?

True, we should all take up spear hunting in a loin cloth :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Killing one in that manner would make a man a true beast! I'm sure all the spear hunters would knock the longbow hunters and claim they don't have the skill to get close enough haha

WKPTodd
Facebook: Todd Pringnitz

Unread postby WKPTodd » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:12 am

Dan, I've heard the same argument about "same thing with no scent control". I'd like to see the milkweed footage. We have dozens and dozens of documented instances of deer sniffing, milk weeds floating, them looking at us, and walking away. Bucks, old and young. Does old and young, and in about 6 states - including 3-1/2 year old bucks in Michigan. So, we have that state covered, as well as Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois, Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana. They work anywhere on any age class. Each animals reaction varies, but they don't snort.

When someone can duplicate what we've duplicated on-video while using another scent elimination product; then you can tell me you have something that works. You won't however; for one reason. You can't consistently dupe a whitetails nose; unless you are using an Ozonic's.

If I'm lying, prove me wrong guys! Show me your footage of your scent elimination technique or product; and prove it works with wind floaters on video. Any takers?
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:57 am

WKPTodd wrote:Dan, I've heard the same argument about "same thing with no scent control". I'd like to see the milkweed footage. We have dozens and dozens of documented instances of deer sniffing, milk weeds floating, them looking at us, and walking away. Bucks, old and young. Does old and young, and in about 6 states - including 3-1/2 year old bucks in Michigan. So, we have that state covered, as well as Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois, Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana. They work anywhere on any age class. Each animals reaction varies, but they don't snort.

When someone can duplicate what we've duplicated on-video while using another scent elimination product; then you can tell me you have something that works. You won't however; for one reason. You can't consistently dupe a whitetails nose; unless you are using an Ozonic's.

If I'm lying, prove me wrong guys! Show me your footage of your scent elimination technique or product; and prove it works with wind floaters on video. Any takers?

How often do you (or anyone in your crew) get busted in the tree with the unit(s) running? Have you guys noticed a difference on lightly hunted public/private vs. heavily pressure public/private? Is an alert/cautious animal more apt to be startled by the ozone stream?

Reflex011

Unread postby Reflex011 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:11 am

Well maybe the big buck is deaf as well! If he couldn't hear the guy blowing the milkweeds..... come on man!! 8-) And the the buck was hesitant as soon as he got into the scent stream. But to top it off, around 13:30 he didn't like what he smelt and turned and decided to get out of there. Carrying at least two of those Ozonics, plus all your gear, bow, and not mentioning a stand, that is a lot of gear. All products you hear all of the success stories and all of the "my ozonic moments" because they are selling it. We as hunters should maybe try to find the negative or failed reviews that could be just as beneficial instead of the selling points.
[glow=red]Aim Small. Miss Small.[/glow]

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”