Field and Stream

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Redman232

Field and Stream

Unread postby Redman232 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:44 pm

Dewey posted about a Field and Stream article about scent elimination sprays not working as advertised. Has anyone else noticed field and stream pushing back again the "hunting industry"? They have published a handful of articles over the past 6 months that you would never see in a magazine. Sorry I know it's a busy time of the year for everyone, I just thought it was interesting.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Field and Stream

Unread postby dan » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:55 pm

Yea... They did a cover article about me a few years ago, and most magazines shy away from guys like me cause I say work harder / buy less... They make there money from product sales, and believe me, they are getting adds pulled cause of there articles... Gotta give them credit for keeping it real.
Redman232

Unread postby Redman232 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:17 am

I remember the cover story they did on you, I actually kept that issue. What's funny is I don't remember any articles like I've noticed recently before your cover story. Maybe you helped start the trend.
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:33 am

Good for F&S! Nice to see a company not worry about extra ad $$$, put out quality and honest content and the subscribers will come. Once you have the subscribers and ad money comes in anyway.

"If you build it they will come" :lol:

Look at the beast as a great example, tons of quality content and new members showing up all the time.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:56 am

I always enjoyed Field & Stream all the way back when I was a kid just getting interested in hunting. Good variety of articles covering pretty much any outdoors activity and not afraid to put out tactics and testing the mainstream is afraid to do.

Nice to see a magazine doing honest tests on products and telling us what they really think.
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:09 am

Quit reading and subscribing to mags years ago. Nice to hear one is haeding in the right direction. At least for now.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”