When do you know you are improving as a beast?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Zona
500 Club

Re: When do you know you are improving as a beast?

Unread postby Zona » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:07 am

For me it's going to the woods with confidence instead of just hope. Every time I hit the woods I feel like I have a chance. That is a direct result from making a commitment to be the best hunter I can be. If you want to be the best, you surround yourself with the best. That's why I am here.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

whitetailassasin

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:21 am

To me it's really a easy question to answer...this may offend some, but here it is. Success on mature animals. It doesn't mean always killing, but putting yourself in the game at all times. Quiet set up, great scouting, reading terrain...by answering the whys and what's and how's, you've started hunting animals with a purpose and reason. Results of this nature are what I consider to be a hunter becoming better.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
deereload

Unread postby deereload » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:55 am

I didn't grow up as a bowhunter as none of my extended family members did it - I started in my late twenties and learned as I went - picked up a few books and then ran into this forum - very knowledgeable hunters on this site - I went through just about every post on the deer hunting forum and starting on the scouting one . I gotta tell you it's crazy the amount of information Dan has and knows. if I can only produce some of the results that I am reading I think I will be fine - I think you have to set certain goals but you know if your getting nearer the bed and you start to see the quarry that you are after - you have succeeded- the kill would make it better though I know - good luck and don't be so hard on yourself -

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”