Frustrating year so far...

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

NatureBoy
500 Club

Frustrating year so far...

Unread postby NatureBoy » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:58 am

It's been a frustrating year for me so far. I've had 4 encounters with decent bucks, but all just after or just before shooting light. Have had lots of little guys in close. Had a bobcat, 2 fisher cats, a bloated raccoon and lots of does come through. But not one shooter buck :cry: . On Tuesday my friend told me, "Why don't you take a doe; you'll feel better." So I took his advice today and took the largest doe out of a group of 3 mature does and 3 fawns that came through. One doe had two fawns, one had one. The biggest doe had none, which suited me just fine. I do feel better that there is meat in the freezer again. But I must confess I'm frustrated. Hope this makes you other guys that are feeling the pain feel a little better.

Scout, scout, scout, hunt
Treejunkie

Re: Frustrating year so far...

Unread postby Treejunkie » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:28 pm

Hang in there. I am too but in 30 seconds your whole season can change. I am off tomorrow and plan on hunting all weekend. Keep a positive attitude. ;)
huntinnurse
500 Club

Re: Frustrating year so far...

Unread postby huntinnurse » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:31 am

A good friend told me this, "Every 5 minutes it's a brand new hunt." ANd it is. Hang in ther, keep positive thoughts, and learn something from every encounter and trip afield and you will have a wonderful season. Whether you get the buck or not.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.John 3:16 KJV

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”