Mausers Marsh buck update

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

mauser06
500 Club

Mausers Marsh buck update

Unread postby mauser06 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:27 pm

Y'all remember my last post??

Pulled my card today...I have pics of him a week later and the thing looked much bigger...

Today I was surprised...pleasantly! He appears to be fine and the growth seems to be gone..

Also pleasantly surprised at his new....enemy I'm sure...
He spent a lot of time in front of the camera...I have every angle...

Neither buck is a monster...I still don't think either buck is the one with big feet I tracked since winter...but...they are the 2 biggest bucks I have photos of...

The ground has been like a rock nearly all summer...field tracks are tough to come by...who knows how long ago the big tracks in the field were made..honestly could have been after it was planted..

I'd LOVE to see those 2 bucks next year...I think they are only 2.5. Though the tall 8 has a beefy body in the other pics of him..

I'd be happy to drag one of them out of the public Marsh...smiling ear to ear...I put in a lot of time and work into scouting new ground that is totally foreign to me...either one would be my best bow kill...can't just jump right into the major league...

We'll see what happens...regular season starts next weekend...I'd like to hunt the Marsh opening evening...

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Swampthing
500 Club

Re: Mausers Marsh buck update

Unread postby Swampthing » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:40 pm

Good luck

Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:29 pm

Hope you get him.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Worm82

Unread postby Worm82 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:35 pm

I couldn't pass either but they are young bucks. I think that 2nd buck with the long tines could be a stud in another year or 2 but I would be happy with either right now. Good luck with them

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
mauser06
500 Club

Unread postby mauser06 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:31 am

Thanx guys!

I am excited to hunt this area....

I agree...I'd love to see them both next season...or the season after....but if I have anything to do about it only one will see next season!

I can't believe the number of bucks...gotta have pics of somewhere around dozen bucks...

I'm questioning how to hunt this now...last card pull was mainly day pics...now its mostly night..moon phase? Time of year? Starting to feel pressure? (I have 3 different goose hunters in a month come by...). I don't know...

I have the beds logged in the GPS as well as a primary scrape...I thought I'd hunt closer to the field than the bedding..now I think I need to dive in quicker..realistically I'm not gunna get many hunts in there..

I'd like to get my camera into the primary scrape when the season starts and leave it...try to get a season of Intel from it...

Zona
500 Club

Unread postby Zona » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:55 am

I don't think the second buck is that young. He has a mature build in my opinion. My cameras are showing the same thing. Lot of night pics the last few weeks. When I was in SW PA, the deer were moving very late. There was no hunting pressure and the temps were pleasent for the most part. Something else had them moving late. Good luck!!
jmaas07
500 Club

Unread postby jmaas07 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:11 am

I agree, I don't think the second buck is that young..looks like a 3.5, probably in the 120's, great looking buck. Good luck getting an arrow in one of them

mauser06
500 Club

Unread postby mauser06 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:46 am

I agree the 2nd buck seems older..he has a heavy frame...I will post more pics later...he spent a LOT of time in front of the camera...worked the scrape hard...

I wonder if he isn't the buck I've been scouting and have a pic of last winter..I will post that pic too...

Score I don't know if he's much over 100"... Some angles he looks big...others he doesn't...but with his bigger body it throws things off too..

I'd take either one and be happy about it....we'll see how the hunting goes!!

Will post those pics later sometime...

mauser06
500 Club

Unread postby mauser06 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:19 am

Here's a body shot of the wider buck...a bit far back but distinctly smaller frame than the taller buck IMO...

Got that buck last winter in the area...

Could it be the tall buck?? He has a short right bros and crab claw type G3 on one side...could those traits switched sides this year? Tall 8 has crab claw g3 and short brow on opposite sides this year...possible???

More shots of the tall 8...what do y'all think on score/age??

I have more pics and such of him...straight on he doesn't look as big as he does when he turns his head and stuff...

Any thoughts??

jmaas07
500 Club

Unread postby jmaas07 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:04 am

He looked a little bigger to me initially, I'd say 3.5, 115ish

Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:56 pm

mauser06 wrote:Here's a body shot of the wider buck...a bit far back but distinctly smaller frame than the taller buck IMO...

Got that buck last winter in the area...

Could it be the tall buck?? He has a short right bros and crab claw type G3 on one side...could those traits switched sides this year? Tall 8 has crab claw g3 and short brow on opposite sides this year...possible???

More shots of the tall 8...what do y'all think on score/age??

I have more pics and such of him...straight on he doesn't look as big as he does when he turns his head and stuff...

Any thoughts??

I'm not so sure this is the same buck as the first set of pictures. His brow tines look different. You've probably got more pictures you can look at. Maybe I'm wrong.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
mauser06
500 Club

Unread postby mauser06 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:18 pm

There are 2 different bucks (3 if you count the winter one).

A longer time buck and a buck that appears wider...the one that had the growth between his legs...

feutza
500 Club

Unread postby feutza » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:26 am

Some nice bucks their

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”