Question

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Jdaukontas

Question

Unread postby Jdaukontas » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:38 am

Torn between two confirmed bedding ridge points for opening day, which will have wind perfect for both spots if extended forecast is correct. How do you choose which one to hunt? One butts up against a bean field that has already matured and died. Of the two though, this bed was extremely worn in spring and had a lot of rubs, both old and new. The other point comes down to a worn stream crossing and massive red oak tree, which I have no idea if it is producing because I haven't been back in there since spring. I have yet to find a white oak anywhere I just, so I am assuming deer will eat the red.

Thoughts are appreciated!?!?!?!

ALSO, Both will be my first beast type hunt.

Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Re: Question

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:51 am

If one ridge has greater security for buck bedding than the other I would focus on the likelihood of an older buck being there where the greater security is. If they are similar I would point to the second ridge, but not completely because of the acorns whereas the other ridge has brown beans... But rather because you mentioned the stream and a buck watering source being below him.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
headgear
500 Club

Re: Question

Unread postby headgear » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:55 am

If you can scout the edge of the beans without the buck getting your wind do it, if you don't find any fresh sign the choice is easy. You could also glass the beans tonight and see if anything shows up, again easy choice.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”