Hunting Beast Camera Arm

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Sam Ubl
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.carbontv.com/shows/chase-na ... red-slider

Re: Hunting Beast Camera Arm

Unread postby Sam Ubl » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:00 am

Just throwing my $0.02 in here, but as a testimonial, I have used three other camera arm brands and none are as sturdy to the tree, as quiet setting up and functional as the triple elbow and 360 degree pan-head that comes with the Huntingbeast Canera Arm. It's the best of the best, hands down.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Chase Nation | Reality Hunting TV | http://www.chasenation.tv
Watch Chase Nation on Carbon TV: https://www.carbontv.com/shows/chase-na ... red-slider
Huntmore | http://www.huntmore.io/
jarang1128

Unread postby jarang1128 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:22 am

can you guys tell me how you connect the camera to the arm? I've got an induro tripod with quick release mount screwed into camera, it then lock/snaps onto tripod. is this compatible with Beast Arm?
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:54 am

jarang1128 wrote:can you guys tell me how you connect the camera to the arm? I've got an induro tripod with quick release mount screwed into camera, it then lock/snaps onto tripod. is this compatible with Beast Arm?

Both the standard pistol grip and the fluid heads have there own quick release mounts that screw into the camera... So it would have to be unscrewed, and your tripod release screwed in... I doubt they are compatible. But its not to hard to unscrew... My tripod and arm are not compatible, but it don't matter much to me.
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:56 am

I switch to look the like the new model, would I be better to switch it back to how it was made?

You can try it like that, but I think the belt needs to be up... Let us know if that works, there are a bunch of your model floating around out there.
jarang1128

Unread postby jarang1128 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:43 am

dan wrote:
jarang1128 wrote:can you guys tell me how you connect the camera to the arm? I've got an induro tripod with quick release mount screwed into camera, it then lock/snaps onto tripod. is this compatible with Beast Arm?

Both the standard pistol grip and the fluid heads have there own quick release mounts that screw into the camera... So it would have to be unscrewed, and your tripod release screwed in... I doubt they are compatible. But its not to hard to unscrew... My tripod and arm are not compatible, but it don't matter much to me.

i know i read somewhere, but what is difference between pistol grip and fluid heads?
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:18 am

If your self filming you want the pistol grip cause it locks where ever you aim it instantly... The fluid heads "coast and drift" but work better for a camera man trying to get smooth footage.
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:29 am

jarang1128 wrote:
dan wrote:

i know i read somewhere, but what is difference between pistol grip and fluid heads?

Fluid head puts out better quality footage as the movements are fluid, not jerky. I prefer the fluid head over the pistol. If set up correctly there is no drift or coast. If your camera allows (lanc), I also recommend a remote. Self filming got a lot easier when I started using the remote.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:31 am

Fluid head puts out better quality footage as the movements are fluid, not jerky. I prefer the fluid head over the pistol. If set up correctly there is no drift or coast. If your camera allows (lanc), I also recommend a remote. Self filming got a lot easier when I started using the remote.

Have you tried the pistol grip, or is that an assumption?
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:30 am

dan wrote:

Yes. I put your latest and greatest version of the Hunting Beast arm through a thorough evaluation. I even tried bowhunter15's trick of moving the arm instead of the head, but I wasn't happy with the results. In the end, I kept the Muddy Pro Camera arm and traded the Hunting Beast arm to your old friend Jim Carey in exchange for some Chinese Lone Wolf gear. I preferred speed and quietness of Muddy's silent strap and leveling system.

The Hunting Beast arm is a great arm though. Without the silent strap in the equation, I would have likely put a fluid head on the Hunting Beast arm.
OZARKHUNTER88

Unread postby OZARKHUNTER88 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:54 am

My camera arm came in yesterday and my first impression was, this thing is awesome! I hung it in my backyard, put my camera on and played around with it for a little while. Went ahead and stealth stripped it and look forward to using it all weekend. This will be my first time filming so I'm sure there will be some bugs to work out but overall I'm excited to be able to document my hunts both to watch and reflect back on and for family and friends to see and enjoy. Good luck to everyone in the woods this weekend
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:18 am

OZARKHUNTER88 wrote:My camera arm came in yesterday and my first impression was, this thing is awesome! I hung it in my backyard, put my camera on and played around with it for a little while. Went ahead and stealth stripped it and look forward to using it all weekend. This will be my first time filming so I'm sure there will be some bugs to work out but overall I'm excited to be able to document my hunts both to watch and reflect back on and for family and friends to see and enjoy. Good luck to everyone in the woods this weekend

Thanks for the feedback! 8-)
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:20 am

BassBoysLLP wrote:
dan wrote:

Yes. I put your latest and greatest version of the Hunting Beast arm through a thorough evaluation. I even tried bowhunter15's trick of moving the arm instead of the head, but I wasn't happy with the results. In the end, I kept the Muddy Pro Camera arm and traded the Hunting Beast arm to your old friend Jim Carey in exchange for some Chinese Lone Wolf gear. I preferred speed and quietness of Muddy's silent strap and leveling system.

The Hunting Beast arm is a great arm though. Without the silent strap in the equation, I would have likely put a fluid head on the Hunting Beast arm.

Fair enough... The reason I asked is most people insist on the fluid head, and then come back later wanting the pistol grip. I didn't know muddy had a "silent strap" most arms are pretty noisy to set up.
redz

Unread postby redz » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:54 pm

I got mine about a month ago, and love it! Great product!
Huntin, fishin, lovin everyday...
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:58 pm

Cool setup! Does the lanc stay in place when you actuate the pistol grip? I assume you are grabbing the bottom of the pistol grip with your index finger and controlling zoom with your thumb?? I assume there are guys out there interested in lanc protocol remotes that like the pistol grip over fluid heads. I'm sure this will turn their heads!
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:21 pm

timberwolf311 wrote:
BassBoysLLP wrote:Cool setup! Does the lanc stay in place when you actuate the pistol grip? I assume you are grabbing the bottom of the pistol grip with your index finger and controlling zoom with your thumb?? I assume there are guys out there interested in lanc protocol remotes that like the pistol grip over fluid heads. I'm sure this will turn their heads!

I will be able to give you a little more info after tomorrow nights hunt. The lanc just arrived and I tried a few different spots and this will be the best if it works. Only real tree time will tell. I am going to go setup for some does tomorrow to practice and see how it works

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

You may also want to fully close the lanc and zip tie it higher. I tried this last time and it worked ok. The toggles are harder to reach, but you have a better grip on the handle.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”