Deer movement and the moon

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

grimmim1
Facebook: mattgrimmius@hotmail.com

Deer movement and the moon

Unread postby grimmim1 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:09 am

I've been paying more attention to deer movement and the moon this year and I'm becoming a believer. The moon guide showed good movement these last couple days and from what I've seen it has been right. Friday night when I was scouting I say a good buck that I've never seen on a piece of property. Saturday morning I watched a target buck on his feet around 8:45 am. Saturday night on stand I watched a potential shooter get up out of his bed an hour before sunset. Anyone else seeing this kind of movement?

headgear
500 Club

Re: Deer movement and the moon

Unread postby headgear » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:32 am

First day in the tree was last night so nothing yet, however I am a big believer in the moon stuff, killed two good buck on moon evenings so far. Almost closed the deal on a couple of others. It should be a good moon night tonight so be ready, I think it peaks about an hour or so before dark.
grimmim1
Facebook: mattgrimmius@hotmail.com

Unread postby grimmim1 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:26 am

I set up on the buck I glasses Friday night and he was bedded about 200 yards farther then I thought but he moved right in line with the moon time

[ Post made via Android ] Image
loneranger

Unread postby loneranger » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:47 am

Only moon influence Ive noticed is Full Moon,,,lots of night light,,so deer can move even better all night. Bucks bed early in morn. May be up early again next day.
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:59 am

Loneranger just an fyi, a lot of us follow the moon overhead and underfoot times here, far different than moon phases or other moon related hunting theories.

Just for a few quick examples I noticed from this past weekend. On Saturday the moon was overhead about 6ish, these kills could be related to that moon time.
viewtopic.php?f=287&t=32086
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=31689&start=705 (Bowhunter4Life)

I've shot a couple of bucks myself on moon overhead/underfoot times.
loneranger

Unread postby loneranger » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:23 am

Yes,,Ive readabout that too. I am sort of a skeptic on Moon influence,,but if you have evidence,,,more power to ya!
Bowhunter4life
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunter4life » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:22 am

headgear wrote:Loneranger just an fyi, a lot of us follow the moon overhead and underfoot times here, far different than moon phases or other moon related hunting theories.

Just for a few quick examples I noticed from this past weekend. On Saturday the moon was overhead about 6ish, these kills could be related to that moon time.
http://www.thehuntingbeast.com/viewtopi ... 87&t=32086
http://www.thehuntingbeast.com/viewtopi ... &start=705 (Bowhunter4Life)

I've shot a couple of bucks myself on moon overhead/underfoot times.

I'm a believer in the moon. I do believe it has an influence on deer and bigger deer especially. The night I shot mine I was aware of the moon time and Is one of the reason I decided to sit this spot. Was one of the spots I had the most confidence for the early season.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”