Some people...

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Some people...

Unread postby dan » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:03 am

This is footage of the big doe I shot last year. Read the "hunter education" guys response under the video and comment on if you agree with him or me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uOAm0c ... yrjfjmzq10

HELENVILLEHUNTER

Re: Some people...

Unread postby HELENVILLEHUNTER » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:27 am

Unfortunately it takes all kinds to make this world go round and some people are always going to be terds! I do not believe for one second that guy is a hunter education instructor. I would have kept shooting also, Dan. The faster I can get an animal down the better. Nice shooting!
ZSV
500 Club

Unread postby ZSV » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:50 am

Agree with you Dan. Almost all of my deer hunting experience has been deer drive shotgun hunting since I was 16 (I'm 34) and I can't ever think of a time when I stopped shooting a deer if it was still running and giving me a safe shot (safe for my hunting party)...even if I knew the deer was hit good with the first shot...they're easier to find when you see where they die.
I agree that this guy has probably never shot at a running deer.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
“I only live once, I will not die a coward “ - Bishop Mar Mari Emmanuel
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:51 am

4 out of 5 sounds like good shooting to me. It would not surprise me if the guy was a hunter education instructor, some (very few) are insufferable.
Missionshooter
500 Club

Unread postby Missionshooter » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:58 am

There are ALWAYS jackwagons who leave these kinds of comments on videos on Youtube. They go out of their way to make negative comments and try to put others down. Many people have blocked comments from their Youtube videos because of these people.

Please don't let comments from jerks like this keep you from posting more videos Dan.

Nasty and rude people like this are the reason why some people stop coming onto forums because of the comments they have to put up with whenever they post something. Thank goodness this is not one of those forums...
STLBowhunter Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKzQUpmjiy8
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:01 am

I'm curious if he knew you hit 4/5 of your shots.

When I read he remarks about not taking a shot unless he could drop it blah blah blah, I stopped reading his spew.

I think most realize that a shot taken during gun season where deer drives are present, the shot will be at a running deer and 4 out of 5 is beyond good, that's excellent.

I hope he does use the video in his meetings and knowledgeable parents there may confirm your efforts hahaha

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Rome

Unread postby Rome » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:08 am

I agree with you Dan. There is nothing unethical about shooting a running deer if you are proficient with your weapon. There is also nothing wrong with shooting until you see them go down. IMO
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:17 am

Typical for youtube. People making dumb comments on there all the time. Might want to disable comments on these videos and post a link in the video saying that they can come to the huntingbeast to make comments if they would like.
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
jboswell
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jason.boswell.12

Unread postby jboswell » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:27 am

Keyboard tough guys... lol. Block him and don't let it bother you man!
wickedbruiser
500 Club

Unread postby wickedbruiser » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:29 am

Dan, the amount of shots on your running doe is ethical and responsible when you take safety and caution into perspective. You clearly know what you are doing. The YouTube user who commented seems like a dufus especially using an unidentified name. You should copy and paste everyone's pro Dan comments to show him how many supporters you have

oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:50 am

I think the biggest thing for me is the time between shots. There is an obvious pause that I would expect from an experienced shooter. This is the sign that shows me u were lining the sights back up after the recoil. If u were spraying and praying it would have been a lot more chaotic n random. Alot of folks dont understand how people can shoot so well because they have never honed their marksmanship skills.

E72
500 Club

Unread postby E72 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:08 am

His reasoning that "he was taught to spend the rest of the day looking for the deer if the first shot was missed " is flawed. There is absolutely NO way to tell 100% that a deer is hit with a fatal shot every time. If not sure and can safely do so , take another shot in case the first shot was not fatal. Never let an animal run off wounded. Mr Hunter Ed Intrsuctor is the one who should check his ethics code. :hand:
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:23 am

hunter_mike wrote:Might want to disable comments on these videos and post a link in the video saying that they can come to the huntingbeast to make comments if they would like.

Excellent idea

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:26 am

I have no problem with the guys comments, they just surprised me. I more so wanted to see if there were people whom saw it from his point of view. I feel more confident now after reading your responses that posting that video was a good idea... I don't think the guy is a jerk, just possibly flawed in his reasoning.
Jeff G
500 Club

Unread postby Jeff G » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:29 am

That guy and his comments are a joke. I guess according to him I also am a bad shot. I shot at a running buck twice on one of our deer drives and missed both shots.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”