Illinois ehd report 2015

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

bowkill00

Illinois ehd report 2015

Unread postby bowkill00 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:53 am

Wondering if the west - central portion of Illinois deer herd is coming back this year from the die off. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Bigb
500 Club

Re: Illinois ehd report 2015

Unread postby Bigb » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:15 pm

I hunt in Fulton Co and it all depends on where you are at. We didn't get any EHD in the last few years so we never were really affected. I know farms that are 10 miles away that got crushed though. It all depends on where your at. I believe we got luck because we had a couple creeks running through the property that are fed by a couple small springs. They never dried up and there is no mud in the creeks, just gravel. It's funny because the spring is where you will see the most buck sign. I actually have a camera that faces close to it and get a good amount of deer on it. Problem is its in a valley so wind really swirls. We get tons of buck pics but unless we have a perfect NW wind its very tough to hunt.

Sorry, got off topic. I remember going to the main processor by us at night after the three days of gun season in 2012. You could tell there were less deer. This year there were many nice bucks there this year so i think we've been rebounding.
justdirtyfun
500 Club

Unread postby justdirtyfun » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:30 pm

No information that can help but I hope to find one of those rebound bucks this season.
It is surprising that crops are being pulled already. Maybe now it would be productive to shine where the corn was.

You don't have to be the best, just do your best.
jonsimoneau
500 Club

Unread postby jonsimoneau » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:07 am

I'm hearing of reports of EHD in Pike and Calhoun counties. Can't shine in Illinois but it would be cool if we could. Lots of crops out over there already.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
justdirtyfun
500 Club

Unread postby justdirtyfun » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:27 pm

When I read the sorry excuse for a regulation book for Illinois, it's grey for shining on foot.
All regulations mention- not allowed from conveyance. So I'm hoping to do a late night "nature" hike.

You don't have to be the best, just do your best.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”