Another one bites the dust!* More pix! Added the story!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

NSOUTFITTER

Re: Another one bites the dust!* More pix!

Unread postby NSOUTFITTER » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:45 am

Congrats to you both ,,,, looking good fellers

lungbuster
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WFTF

Re: Another one bites the dust!* More pix!

Unread postby lungbuster » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:53 am

Figured it was about time to tell the story:

As some of you know Steve Alleman, PPTV pro-staffer and good friend, had been up hunting with me on our farm in Wi. the past 10 days. Steve has been on a 30 year quest to kill a good mature buck and he completed that quest earlier in the week. (I'll let him tell the story). So with his buck tag filled it was my turn in front of the camera, and the very next day I had my chance to fill my buck tag.......We had set up off a corn field in an area I had scouted a month prior and picked a tree for my set. Well the tree was a burr oak with about a million small branches that needed to be clipped to get the sticks on the tree......Once I was up about 21 feet I began setting my stand (Lone Wolf assualt), mine went on pretty good, but when I went to set Hungry Steve's millenium I had fits!! Branches that I did not want to take out were in the way and big limbs prevented me from setting the behemouth stand where I wanted!!! Finally after about a 30 min. struggle I got the stand set, but in the process I made so much noise I figured surely all the deer in the area had left!!!! (might as well get down and sit it tomorrow I thought to myself!) Well good thing we stayed in the tree because about 15 mins. before last light I heard the familiar crunch....crunch.....crunch of a big deer moving up the tree line towards us. Just then I saw him step out into the field and saw his right antler and figured I would pass as he appeared to have good mass but short tines......About that time he turned down the corn row and I saw the freak side and thought game on!!!! I love mature freak bucks! He made his way towards us and I wispered to Steve ," shooter buck" he looked too far into the field and I said "No! Right here" (the freak was at 40 yards and closing!) When I knew Steve was on him I concentrated on the shot, I came to full draw and waited for my opening. The buck kept walking and paused briefly @ 20 yards broadside, I touched the trigger and pulled through with my back muscles and the arrow sailed perfectly through both lungs....The buck turned and ran back into the woods not 5 yards from our tree, once he was about 25 yards in he stopped and I could hear the blood pouring onto the leaves, his hind end started the familiar wobble and he rolled another 20 yards down the hill and went silent!!!!!!!!! I was jacked up!!! We had just killed two mature bucks on video in two days!!!!!!!!!!!! Steve did a great job on the camera and I will let you all know when to watch for the episodes next fall on the Pursuit channel.
With 11 scoreable points and good mass he gross scored 128 2/8" he weighed 206lbs. on the hoof and although not my biggest buck, one of my most memorable ones!!!!! 8-)
Wrinkleneck
500 Club

Re: Another one bites the dust!* More pix! Added the story!

Unread postby Wrinkleneck » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:06 am

Way cool CONGRATS!!!
hunt n nut
500 Club

Unread postby hunt n nut » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:55 pm

Just trying to get caught up on all the great bucks this year!...congrats, lung, cool lookin' buck 8-)
lungbuster
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WFTF

Unread postby lungbuster » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:28 pm

Thanks to everyone! 8-)
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:51 pm

great story I'll be watching for the video of it!
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:09 am

:D Awesome story for u guys!
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”