Sept. Temp low's sudden drop…

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

PK_
500 Club

Sept. Temp low's sudden drop…

Unread postby PK_ » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:33 pm

It looks like next week where I am hunting the temps are going to drop significantly. Highs will drop anywhere from 7-10 degrees but the overnight lows are going to drop almost 20 degrees for the entire week. (if forecast holds up)

To you guys who track and analyze data, will the first little hint of a cool front this early in the year turn up the deer activity, even if the major change is in the low temps???

Highs are dropping from high 80's to high 70's-low 80's and lows are dropping from low-mid 70's to high 50's-low 60's…

Just wondering if this could keep the deer on their feet a bit longer in the morning and up a bit earlier to feed in the evening…

Maybe just wishful thinking...

No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
spyder357

Re: Sept. Temp low's sudden drop…

Unread postby spyder357 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:18 pm

It certainly won't hurt. This time a year I do a lot of scouting from the vehicle and last week the deer sightings dropped off a cliff with the upper 80 degree temps we had. Now that its cooled off, deer sightings are back to where they were.

I've read several times over the years that the most comfortable temps for deer are between 40-60 degrees, on a 90 degree humid day I have no doubt they find some place cool and shady to hang out and wait for it to cool down.
dkoy85

Unread postby dkoy85 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:32 am

I'm going to be seeing similar dropoffs early next week so I'll be watching this thread :geek:
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:08 am

High in the mid-60's here on Saturday for the opener. Compared to 90 and dew points in the 70's last weekend I will take it. Deer movement should be very good with the much cooler temps. In years past a cool opener has been very good for me and a great way to kick the season off. Predicting that some big bucks will be taking dirt naps this weekend. :pray:

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:35 am

Always have liked cold fronts.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:50 am

Yea, deer move more with the cooler weather even now. It is not as big of a difference as later in the year, I think because deer still have their summer coats so September heat doesn't bother them as much as October or November, but a cool off does get them on their feet more.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”