Shining ?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

feutza
500 Club

Shining ?

Unread postby feutza » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:32 pm

So tonight I went shining at 9:00 pm and two shooter bucks crossed the road in front of me running into a area I can hunt which is tall grass and some trees They came off the neighbors that I can't hunt. My ? Is do you think them bucks could be bedding where I seen them run. I no if I found buck beds early in spring in that area I could assume but I did not scout this piece.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

whitetail_addict

Re: Shining ?

Unread postby whitetail_addict » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:30 pm

based on the time alone I would guess they were not heading into your property to bed. whats on the neighboring land where they came from?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Peeps22
500 Club

Unread postby Peeps22 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:27 pm

^^agreed i dont think there bedding on your side but they might be going there for food. when does your season open up? Also is there any kind of big draw food wise on your property? Maybe once the pressure builds up they will move across the road and bed on your place if theres little pressure there. Keep an eye on them if you can shining. Go a little earlier and later than 9 if thats when you saw them and try and see where there coming from and where they end up.

feutza
500 Club

Unread postby feutza » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:59 pm

Theirs soybeans on north side of grass and corn on south side of grass good idea I will just have to keep shining at different times my season opens up this weekend in wisconsin if I get some time I'll try and post a picture of the area

feutza
500 Club

Unread postby feutza » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:01 pm

whitetail_addict wrote:based on the time alone I would guess they were not heading into your property to bed. whats on the neighboring land where they came from?

Mostly crop fields on the neighbor sides some line fences but that's about it.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”