New podcast from Wired To Hunt - Whitetail Q&A

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

WiredToHunt

New podcast from Wired To Hunt - Whitetail Q&A

Unread postby WiredToHunt » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:43 am

Hey guys, I know that many of you follow the Wired To Hunt Podcast (TY for that!) and that said, I thought you might be interested in checking out the new show I just recently launched called Whitetail Q&A. In this new show, which will have two episodes a week, we'll be airing a listener-submitted deer hunting question - and then I and/or an expert guest will be answering it. It's a short, to the point show, but one that will hopefully be really helpful.

If you're interested in checking it out, I've included links below. And be on the look-out, Dan will be a guest on the show very, very soon. Hope you guys like it and maybe even submit a Q! Thanks all!

Whitetail QA: http://wiredtohunt.com/whitetailqa/
iTunes link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/whi ... 31346?mt=2

Mark Kenyon
Founder of WiredToHunt.com
Host of The Wired To Hunt Podcast
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Re: New podcast from Wired To Hunt - Whitetail Q&A

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:03 pm

That sounds like an interesting format, Mark. I always look forward to hearing Dan on there too, it doesn't get any more real than that. 8-)
Singing Bridge
500 Club

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:05 pm

Not wanting him to feel left out, I'm always interested in hearing from Dan "the co-host" as well! ;)
Jeff G
500 Club

Unread postby Jeff G » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:24 pm

I listened to your first one. Very nice product! Keep up the great work!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
lynchpin

Unread postby lynchpin » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:34 pm

A +

go DEEP or go HOME
blueKYstream

Unread postby blueKYstream » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:46 pm

I've really enjoyed listening to them as well.
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:51 pm

As always, you're doing things the right way Mark!

Wishing you continued success...
mheichelbech
500 Club
Facebook: mheichelbech@gmail.com

Unread postby mheichelbech » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:55 am

What I would like to see is that you get these podcasts transcribed. I cannot possibly assimilate all the info presented and it just isn't a handy format for me...reading is so much easier than listening...for me anyway. I'd be willing to help pay for it, it could be a subscription, like a magazine...the best deer hunting magazine available! Please do this! Dan is doing podcasts also with Mario...you could include his...

"One of the chief attractions of the life of the wilderness is its rugged and stalwart democracy; there every man stands for what he actually is and can show himself to be." — Theodore Roosevelt, 1893
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:21 am

Great idea!! They've all been good so far.
Singing Bridge
500 Club

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:51 am

I had the chance to listen to Dan's Q & A podcast on making small properties desirable when the surrounding landowners put lots of pressure on the bucks. His answers will definitley get people thinking about it...

Also, the debate on "sanctuaries" on private property is an outstanding topic for discussion. More specifically, should they "never" be entered no matter what, or (as Dan suggests) a precision strike or two may be necessary when the conditions are perfect for it, including a well thought out entrance and exit...

One factor that hasn't been discussed when making a decision on the sanctuary is the hunter skillset... There isn't a doubt in my mind that Dan can do a precision strike in a sanctuary and that he will almost certainly kill the biggest buck the property is holding at that time. The same goes for many of the tacticians here on the Beast...

But I would also add that there are many hunters that are better served by leaving the sanctuary alone, because they do not currently have the skillset / mindset to make a precision, tactical strike in the sanctuary... and there is nothing wrong with that!

Great topic, W2H
dkoy85

Unread postby dkoy85 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:08 am

Awesome! Looking forward to all of them!
dkoy85

Unread postby dkoy85 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:12 am

Singing Bridge wrote:I had the chance to listen to Dan's Q & A podcast on making small properties desirable when the surrounding landowners put lots of pressure on the bucks. His answers will definitley get people thinking about it...

Also, the debate on "sanctuaries" on private property is an outstanding topic for discussion. More specifically, should they "never" be entered no matter what, or (as Dan suggests) a precision strike or two may be necessary when the conditions are perfect for it, including a well thought out entrance and exit...

One factor that hasn't been discussed when making a decision on the sanctuary is the hunter skillset... There isn't a doubt in my mind that Dan can do a precision strike in a sanctuary and that he will almost certainly kill the biggest buck the property is holding at that time. The same goes for many of the tacticians here on the Beast...

But I would also add that there are many hunters that are better served by leaving the sanctuary alone, because they do not currently have the skillset / mindset to make a precision, tactical strike in the sanctuary... and there is nothing wrong with that!

Great topic, W2H

Not to be left out is how many hunters are hunting a specific property. Is it a lease with multiple guys and only one or two sanctuaries? Or a family farm with multiple hunters? How do you decide who hunts the sanctuaries on a hunt or two? Sometimes it is best left alone for the entirety of the season... as to keep everybody happy.

But I definitely agree that if hunted properly a sanctuary can be hunted a couple times without messing things up- or until you kill your buck.
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:34 pm

Mark just wanted to say thank you for the podcast you and Dan put on. I really enjoy them. I have listened to most everyone, and so many of them I have listened to several times.

I like how you guys have incorporated the listeners questions into your new Whitetail Q&A segments.

I often wonder when you and Dan are preparing questions for your guest, how much you both have learned from your guest as well as us listeners. I know I have heard so many "ah-ha" bells go off in my mind while plugged into your podcast.

Thanks again and keep up the good work!
FRH
500 Club

Unread postby FRH » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:16 pm

dkoy85 wrote:
Singing Bridge wrote:I had the chance to listen to Dan's Q & A podcast on making small properties desirable when the surrounding landowners put lots of pressure on the bucks. His answers will definitley get people thinking about it...

Great topic, W2H

Not to be left out is how many hunters are hunting a specific property. Is it a lease with multiple guys and only one or two sanctuaries? Or a family farm with multiple hunters? How do you decide who hunts the sanctuaries on a hunt or two? Sometimes it is best left alone for the entirety of the season... as to keep everybody happy.

But I definitely agree that if hunted properly a sanctuary can be hunted a couple times without messing things up- or until you kill your buck.

I wish i could get family to leave areas alone. I don't go in the woods unless I have a good wind and I'm going in to hunt. My family on the other hand only gun hunts but has an urge to go in the woods once or twice a week to see if there are any rubs or scrapes popping up. This goes on starting in early September through November. I've tried asking them to stay out but I'm the kid that doesn't know anything. This has forced me to change my tactics and let them push deer to harder to reach areas. This is where my scouting in the winter pays off because I know where the beds are and they don't. I love hearing them say how big a buck is based on a rub on a tree and they think they know exactly where they are bedded based off of that. Just smile and nod because they know more than I do.
FRH
500 Club

Unread postby FRH » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:25 pm

I've been listening to the podcasts while at work. You offer tons of great material. Keep up the good work, I know there are tons that really appreciate all of your hard work.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”