Journal - What to include

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

z4racer

Journal - What to include

Unread postby z4racer » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:43 pm

I am going to try keeping a journal for all my sits this year. What kind of data do people include in their journal? Temp, Pressure, Sunrise,Sunset. Moon Rise,Moon set? Moon phase?
Winds (speed and direction)

Is this over doing it or not enough? Also, what source ofor the data, just weather channel or something more micro.

BHC

Re: Journal - What to include

Unread postby BHC » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:07 pm

#,age, sex of deer. Behavior. Type of set. Food source, bed, rut funnel, and what kind of funnel. Amount of foliage on trees. What were they feeding on. Time of movement. Moon phase. Moon position( overhead/ underfoot). Month date. Morning or evening. Barometric pressure by the hour for that day. I'd organize them by types of sets, then your data can give you correlations that have more meaning. I'd also then divide them by morning or evening. I'll warn you be steadfast it'll take years to get enough data to draw any meaningful trends. But you can do it!..

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Putt4Doe

Re: Journal - What to include

Unread postby Putt4Doe » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:09 pm

I was thinking about that today - it would be awesome if you could create a spreadsheet that would pull a lot of the weather data for you by using your zip code

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”