LIVE FROM THE STAND --- 2015 DEER SEASON

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Hawthorne
500 Club

Re: LIVE FROM THE STAND --- 2015 DEER SEASON

Unread postby Hawthorne » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:21 pm

Bucks did'nt show. Had 7 does and fawns come by. Let them go enough meat in the freezer

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Bayshorebuck8
500 Club

Unread postby Bayshorebuck8 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:24 pm

Hawthorne wrote:Bucks did'nt show. Had 7 does and fawns come by. Let them go enough meat in the freezer

Oh well atleast u had some action!

john1984

Unread postby john1984 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:38 am

whitetailassasin wrote:Opening morning of gun season, my son and I set up early and far back in a spot where the deer move to for safety from all the pressure. We got in early and waited. About 9am we saw three does come trotting in about 80 yds out and I have a doe tag, but my son said wait and see if a bucks behind them. No buck. We sat there talking and he was like dad I wish you shot one now. I told him there will be another opportunity, to keep positive this spot produces. About 9:45 we hear a shot then a slight pause and another. I looked at him and said missed so get your eyes moving to spot them. Wasn't even 2 minutes and I see two deer trotting right at us. And 2 bucks to be exact. A basket 8 1.5 yr old and another odd looking buck. As it starts getting closer I see velvet and the body is huge. My son says shoot the big fat one dad. So I grabbed my gun and as he came by at 20 yds I tried stopping him with a bleat no luck so I actually had to "hey" him. Stopped him and my crosshairs found his chest. He ran off and we lost sight of him. My son said you got him dad, I saw a hole in his chest right behind his shoulder. I laughed and said yeah I saw him buckle and mule kick in the scope. So we waited a few minutes and took up the track. 150 yds later and in a nasty mucky creek. There lays the buck. Upon further inspection, this deer was a transgender deer, had a penis but no testes, and also had a vagina and nipples like a doe. Hard to tell from the only pic I have of him, but he's a 9 point that has a weird drop and a handlike side and the other side was a 3 pt. his bases were so thick you couldn't get your hands around them. When I was gutting him there was some yellow liquid inside. After I got him out of the woods I wanted to get him checked out, smell from his inside and yellow substance and transgender had me somewhat confused. DNR took the deer to be tested and said they would get back to me, but not to eat this deer and issued me my tag back. I had my tag wrapped on the deer but was unsure as how to punch it out. The deer was estimated at 7.5 years old, dressed weight was 257 lbs. My son was bummed about the deer, but super stoked about our hunt and experience. Here's a pic of the buck right out of the muck.

copper/displayimage.php?pid=5180

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

So did the DNR ever get back to you on the test results???

whitetailassasin

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:46 am

john1984 wrote:
whitetailassasin wrote:Opening morning of gun season, my son and I set up early and far back in a spot where the deer move to for safety from all the pressure. We got in early and waited. About 9am we saw three does come trotting in about 80 yds out and I have a doe tag, but my son said wait and see if a bucks behind them. No buck. We sat there talking and he was like dad I wish you shot one now. I told him there will be another opportunity, to keep positive this spot produces. About 9:45 we hear a shot then a slight pause and another. I looked at him and said missed so get your eyes moving to spot them. Wasn't even 2 minutes and I see two deer trotting right at us. And 2 bucks to be exact. A basket 8 1.5 yr old and another odd looking buck. As it starts getting closer I see velvet and the body is huge. My son says shoot the big fat one dad. So I grabbed my gun and as he came by at 20 yds I tried stopping him with a bleat no luck so I actually had to "hey" him. Stopped him and my crosshairs found his chest. He ran off and we lost sight of him. My son said you got him dad, I saw a hole in his chest right behind his shoulder. I laughed and said yeah I saw him buckle and mule kick in the scope. So we waited a few minutes and took up the track. 150 yds later and in a nasty mucky creek. There lays the buck. Upon further inspection, this deer was a transgender deer, had a penis but no testes, and also had a vagina and nipples like a doe. Hard to tell from the only pic I have of him, but he's a 9 point that has a weird drop and a handlike side and the other side was a 3 pt. his bases were so thick you couldn't get your hands around them. When I was gutting him there was some yellow liquid inside. After I got him out of the woods I wanted to get him checked out, smell from his inside and yellow substance and transgender had me somewhat confused. DNR took the deer to be tested and said they would get back to me, but not to eat this deer and issued me my tag back. I had my tag wrapped on the deer but was unsure as how to punch it out. The deer was estimated at 7.5 years old, dressed weight was 257 lbs. My son was bummed about the deer, but super stoked about our hunt and experience. Here's a pic of the buck right out of the muck.

http://www.thehuntingbeast.com/copper/d ... p?pid=5180

I have a story to tell about that exact deer, but it has to wait a little longer. I will share with everyone.

Killemquietly

Unread postby Killemquietly » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:48 am

[/quote]
I am thinking about it, but I don't want to give out to much info cause I feel some people are trying to pattern me. They see where my truck was then read the days post...[/quote]

I was wondering how you deal with that, given how much the site has taken off. I'm already scarred there's too many "beasts" in my hunting area, I can't imagine Wisconsin...
Dloat

Unread postby Dloat » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:57 am

whitetailassasin wrote:
john1984 wrote:

http://www.thehuntingbeast.com/copper/d ... p?pid=5180

I have a story to tell about that exact deer, but it has to wait a little longer. I will share with everyone.

You ever get around to writing up about this deer WA, I'm curious
whitetailassasin

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:58 am

So to make a longer story shorter, I did get some feedback from the DNR, which told me the yellow substance wasn't anything to be concerned with, just that it was an old deer, on the decline. Second thing was they sent in the jaw bone because the deer was estimated by them at 7.5 and was actually 10.5. They said that somehow they believed over time, this deer was more than likely a transgender, but never grew horns until later in life. (Don't know how that was made an assumption.) It was definitely something that was an odd circumstance to happen, but a learning experience nonetheless.
MN_DeerHunter
500 Club

Unread postby MN_DeerHunter » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:14 am

I've never heard anything like that before - what a weird experience!
Dloat

Unread postby Dloat » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:44 am

Ahh the old Bruce Jenner buck

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”